Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
GJ has done very well for a player of his age this season. Especially being so far away from home.

Comparing him to his peers at United he is scoring more goals than them in less time on the pitch.

Mbappe's stats look a little better and Neymar's quite a bit stronger.

Player Jesus Rashford Martial Mbappe Neymar
Age 21 20 22 19 26
Appearances 16(9) 15(16) 17(11) 21(2) 20
Minutes 1389 1575 1468 1830 1788
Goals 11 6 9 13 20
Assists 3 5 5 8 13

So to get a big upgrade on Jesus we would need to shell out the thick end of £100,000,000.

Getting him for £27M was a bargain

Not forgetting mbappe (and even neymar) scored two goals more but playing in the french league, way easier than the premier. And Mbappe dont have Aguero to compete with.

I think the WC this summer will be the place on where Jesus will consolidate himself as the top player he has the potential to be. Cheers :)

His positioning and movement are excellent. His finishing is still a work in progress but its highly unusual to be the complete package at his age. He will improve and when he does.....boy oh boy

It's crazy to think that he's still just 21 - it feels like he's a seasoned pro.

Should develop into a player akin to firmino hopefully.

You have very low expectations for this guy, I guess.

We were very heavily linked to him at Hoffenheim, and his pressing, defending from the front, ability to create space for others, general link up play etc. is probably the the level Pep would like our two strikers to get to. I don't think there's any other striker in Europe who does more work for teammates than Firmino, and Pep has talked a few times about trying to get our two to improve on that front.

In the past the problem was he didn't score enough, but now he's gonna get 30 for the season. And he's only 26. He's Liverpool's best player.

IMO Jesus has the potential to be much better, because he's got greater natural goalscoring ability and he's faster and a better dribbler (or he was in Brazil we haven't seen much of it here yet) but I would bet if Firmino ever came up as a topic of conversation between Pep and Jesus, it would be as a player he could potentially learn a lot from watching.

Also very good in the air despite being about 5'10''.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.