Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Ric, 9 Aug 2017.

1. Dax777

Dax777

He gets a little too fancy with his touches sometimes... Jovetic-Raquel. But outside of that, his hustle, movement skill and aggression are all superb

2. Dax777

Dax777

This. A lot of the time, its the fancy flick that doesn't come off, that's killing his link up. He should simplify a tad. But overall he is splendid.

3. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

I’ll take it everyday. I’m a little biased because I loved the kid before he even wore the shirt but it’s that cockiness and willingness to be ok with his decisions to not come off that I don’t want him to iron out of his game. I see your point and it’s true though. He can get and will get better.

4. Tricky_Trev

Tricky_Trev

Trying to remember which game it was... think it was Chelsea away. Right after KDB scores we slice through their midfield with the most incredible counter-attack, courtesy of an outside-of-the-boot flick round the corner from Silva. KDB surges forward for the lay off, with unbelievable options in front of him, think we were even outnumbering their defenders.... but Jesus inexplicably tries to play the lay-off with a fancy flick instead of just cushioning it calmly into De Bruyne's path. Would have been a near-certain goal and 2-0 up.

So yeah, I agree, he needs to stop doing that. There's no need really, even more so at just 1-0.

5. hightimes

hightimes

Praise the Lord.

6. 01cravend

01cravend

If you want someone to keep it simple all the time then we should sell Jesus and bring Bony back.

7. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Property Development
    Thought he did great when he came on at weekend.

8. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

He looks like he's put a bit of quality size on,he's developing a strong physique.

Give it 12 months and as good as he is now,he's gonna be a proper handful then.

9. karen7

karen7

Manchester City have informed Gabriel Jesus and his entourage that they want to reward him with a new and improved contract. [UOL Esporte]

10. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

Great post. High five!