Game of Thrones

One thing that did bother me about the first episode (aside from that jarring Ed Sheeran cameo) was Sam's discovery of the Dragonglass mountain.

In Season 5, Stannis tell Sam that Dragonstone had an abundance of the stuff. He may even have said "mountains of it" or something along those lines, I'm not sure.

When Sam sees it in the book he steals, he says something like "Stannis told me about it but I wasn't sure whether to believe him". It just seemed really off because: a) Sam is unlikely to have forgotten or overlooked this piece of information in the first place, given its importance; and b) Stannis was known for being a straight-talker.

I wonder if the writers just forgot this and then remembered at the eleventh hour, and so had to quickly amend the script!

One thing that did bother me about the first episode (aside from that jarring Ed Sheeran cameo) was Sam's discovery of the Dragonglass mountain.

In Season 5, Stannis tell Sam that Dragonstone had an abundance of the stuff. He may even have said "mountains of it" or something along those lines, I'm not sure.

When Sam sees it in the book he steals, he says something like "Stannis told me about it but I wasn't sure whether to believe him". It just seemed really off because: a) Sam is unlikely to have forgotten or overlooked this piece of information in the first place, given its importance; and b) Stannis was known for being a straight-talker.

I wonder if the writers just forgot this and then remembered at the eleventh hour, and so had to quickly amend the script!
Also would not Stannis sidekick forgot his name sorry no fingers know this and could inform John as he is now sitting beside him?

Also would not Stannis sidekick forgot his name sorry no fingers know this and could inform John as he is now sitting beside him?
Haha yeah, good point.

I think we're beginning to see the difference in quality between G.R.R. Martin and the show's writers (as they've now overtaken the books).

all that was said in Sam conversation with Stanis was that they had it at dragonstone, not by how much though.

It has been noticed that the picture in the book has the dragonglass on tge coast in a cave/mine much like the cave Danny walks past on the beach.

If so maybe Stanis and Ser Davos wasn't aware, shirlely there would be dragonglass hanging about the castle and that is what Stanis was refering to at the wall.

A few weeks ago someone on Reddit leaked the plot to Season 7. Of course everyone called him a bullshiter and didn't believe it. But what is interesting is that the first episode matched what he said would happen word for word. I won't post it on here cos I don't wanna ruin it but I think he was the real deal.
Stick it in a spoiler, I would have a read.

Who remembers Gendry escaping from Dragonstone, what the fuck happened to him?......is he still rowing?........when will he return?

You see, this is a slow burner. Think about it, the lad has a few key points about him.

1) Friends with Arya, potential partner for her.
2) Most important, he is the only guy aboit who can work with Valeryian steel. He made needle for Arya if you can recall?
3) Remember Davos likes the lad and saved him, knowing who his Dad was.

Gendry will be a character we will see end of s7 or start of s8.

Looks like it will Euron Greyjoy v the Martells first, and after that Dany v EuronXLannisters. Jon will be kept busy with the Whytes and the Dragons will be key. The biggest problem is Euron has the Dragonhorn.

I still find myself shaking my head and thinking 'wtf were they thinking' with having Ed Sheeran in it. Nothing against the fella himself but this is a fantasy escapist type show, having real life smash it's big boot down in the middle of it ruined the episode a bit for me.

I still find myself shaking my head and thinking 'wtf were they thinking' with having Ed Sheeran in it. Nothing against the fella himself but this is a fantasy escapist type show, having real life smash it's big boot down in the middle of it ruined the episode a bit for me.

No different to some of the actors IMO. I had a similar reaction to seeing Sheeran when Jim Broadbent appeared as the lead maester fellow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.