Games you went to and wished you had been somewhere else

All the ones when Stuart Pearce was in charge
I came over for a game against Reading (sometime around feb) of that season. Lost 2-0, obviously. Flew back into Dublin that night, and had a 125 mile drive back home in the thickest fog I've ever seen. A nominal 3 hour drive took nearly 6 hours to complete. Got back in the door sometime around 4-ish, and fell into bed asking myself "what the fuck am I doing?" That really did test me.

Brighton away, nearly always pissed down in that crappy away 'corner'. The Police used to put peoples boot laces in a big box and you had to reclaim them at the end of the game!
Seem to remember John Bond resigning shortly after this one. There had been quite a lot of bad feeling about the decision to sell crowd favourite Nicky Reid and replace him with Bond's son Kevin ?

I came over for a game against Reading (sometime around feb) of that season. Lost 2-0, obviously. Flew back into Dublin that night, and had a 125 mile drive back home in the thickest fog I've ever seen. A nominal 3 hour drive took nearly 6 hours to complete. Got back in the door sometime around 4-ish, and fell into bed asking myself "what the fuck am I doing?" That really did test me.

Bloody plastics .............. :-) :-)

the rag game at home in 2017-2018 season i think
where we were 2 nil up at ht
only to lose 3-2

it was euphoric at half time and then 45 minutes later ;-(

just a tempory setback but it was one of the most "Typical City " moments ever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.