Gareth Barry

He has been a key player for City over the past few years and there is no doubting his abilty, but his lack of pace and age are coming up against him now.

I didn't think Fernandinho did that much in the first half except be nice and tidy, but you could see when Barry came on we lacked that edge in midfield that Fernandinho gave us.

I would have Barry as cover, but I would not be renewing his contract.

Time to move on.

One of our best players last season for long periods, some have short memories and Barry is an easy target. Only concern for me is he needs to be playing all the time as he seems to get his fitness from matches, not too sure he will get enough starts to reach his peak fitness.

bluethai said:
Barry, Garcia, Kolarov,
[bigimg]http://www.cwgsy.net/community%2Ftosy/images/snail.gif[/bigimg]
Yep this all day if they stay just use them in domestic cups early on or if we need a replacement for injuries.

what do people expect, hes getting older now. Hes still a great player and will be valuable to the team over the season

Don't have a problem keeping him for another season, or selling him if we get a decent offer.

He should never, ever play in central midfield with Garcia though.

Thenumber1blue said:
Gareth Barry ,the new bluemoon scapegoat !

I knew this post was coming but he isn't a scapegoat at all - it's a valid discussion irrespective of his performance today (which wasn't bad). People attach the word 'scapegoat' to any discussion of a player that isn't worshipful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.