Gareth Barry

LoveCity said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Gareth Barry ,the new bluemoon scapegoat !

I knew this post was coming but he isn't a scapegoat at all - it's a valid discussion irrespective of his performance today (which wasn't bad). People attach the word 'scapegoat' to any discussion of a player that isn't worshipful.

No need for daft snail gifs though....unfunny shite.

spacecadet said:
I'd keep Barry as cover for Clichy and get rid of Kolarov.

You're off your trolley in that case. Barry has no pace whatsoever now.He's been a good player for us over the past few seasons but there's no doubt he's declining and in Pellegrini's system I can only see him as a fringe player.

Imo, there is space for maybe 1-2 players like Barry. We have 3. Garcia, Rodwell and Barry. None are very comfortable starting attacks. Rodwell has some potential, as seen against Norwich.

2nd half was the slow Mancini midfield. Passing sideways and backwards...Fernandinho makes a huge difference. So it's easy to see why Barry isn't being offered a new contract.

bluethai said:
Barry, Garcia, Kolarov,
[bigimg]http://www.cwgsy.net/community%2Ftosy/images/snail.gif[/bigimg]

We should get City to arrange a charity "sprint" between the 3 of them, maybe throw Jolene in as well.

lancs blue said:
spacecadet said:

You're off your trolley in that case. Barry has no pace whatsoever now.He's been a good player for us over the past few seasons but there's no doubt he's declining and in Pellegrini's system I can only see him as a fringe player.

Thanks for your rudeness. Cover for Clichy makes him a fringe player.

lancs blue said:
spacecadet said:

Agreed Lancs Blue, fucking madness idea.

I suppose everyone is here to blame him for that shit pass from rodwell that was about 5 meters behind him, after which barry then kept up with and recovered the ball from niang?

True_Blue69 said:
One of our best players last season for long periods, some have short memories and Barry is an easy target. Only concern for me is he needs to be playing all the time as he seems to get his fitness from matches, not too sure he will get enough starts to reach his peak fitness.

i have been one of his most avid supporters recent years but even i can see he is not good enough any more to be a first choice.

id love him to be around the squad though as his experience would be vital for any up and coming players.

Sky Blue said:
LoveCity said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Gareth Barry ,the new bluemoon scapegoat !

I knew this post was coming but he isn't a scapegoat at all - it's a valid discussion irrespective of his performance today (which wasn't bad). People attach the word 'scapegoat' to any discussion of a player that isn't worshipful.

No need for daft snail gifs though....unfunny shite.

Agreed. Barry had a great season and people are judging him on a few minutes played today - ridiculous

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.