Gareth Barry

Some mates that I play doms with on a Friday are Everton ST Holders.I keep asking them "hows that shit house Barry doing nowadays".They`ve had a massive change of heart since he`s been there and now understand what I was telling them whilst he was at City ... a very under-rated player who did all the shit jobs.They always claimed he was slow shit player.
They rate him. Surprise,surprise.

Very much a latter-day Alan Oakes.

A top pro....a pros pro.

He was right for us at the right time & never gave any less than his best at a time when we had some proper twats around the place,Jo,Elano,Robin & quite a few more.

Respect GB.

Some mates that I play doms with on a Friday are Everton ST Holders.I keep asking them "hows that shit house Barry doing nowadays".They`ve had a massive change of heart since he`s been there and now understand what I was telling them whilst he was at City ... a very under-rated player who did all the shit jobs.They always claimed he was slow shit player.
They rate him. Surprise,surprise.
See Kyle Walker before and after signing for us.

All fans are guilty of this. Especially when there's so many idiots out there.

Will go level with 'the family man' on 632 appearances when West Brom play West Ham this weekend and he should break the record next Monday (25th Sep) when they play Arsenal away.

Just wanted to make this thread to say what an achievement, to do this at 4 different clubs and impress a host of different managers, owners and fans is quite an achievement.

As it stands:
631 Premier League appearances, around 775 club appearances in total. He has played more than 30 Premier League games in every season since his debut season back in 1997-98!
52 Premier League goals, 63 assists.
53 England apps.
Won Everton player of the year and players player last season (2016-17)...
and of course an FA Cup and Premier League trophy with us.

What a career. 36 years old now but hasn't relied on pace for a long time, could easy play a few more seasons!

Well said!

As well as all his club managers he also has been picked by all his national team managers who are a pretty diverse bunch.

He is one of those players who the pros and every manager he has played for has been able to see what he brings to a team, as have the fans of every club he has played for, while the masses tended not to appreciate so much.

In my eyes he would be a far more worthy and dignified record holder than the current one

Sadly, this will not get half the media acclaim and coverage that the brothers wife shagger got for the same achievement, even though he has been an absoloute model professional and superb role model.

If he had been a step faster, he wouldn't have had to take so many cards, missed so many games through suspension, and would have probably beaten the record while he was still at City!

Regardless, top pro who understood how the game was played, which enabled him to make it look far easier than it is. Will always get a clap from me whomever he might play for. I know he was "one of the lads" who got done for being where he probably shouldn't have been a time or two, but it doesn't seem to have affected his career longevity.

Don't have a bad word to say about him. Congratulations, GazBaz!

Yes, well done to a top pro. The comparison to Oakes is very apt. The media hardly ever realise how important this type of player is to a team, it's all about the glory boys, but you need Gazbaz types too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.