Gareth Southgate

Who are the good teams we have played
So Sweden aren’t a good team? Sweden who knocked Italy out, beat France and the Netherlands in their qualifiers. We’re very unlucky not to beat Germany, hammered Mexico who everyone was saying were one of the most impressive teams at that point.

So Sweden aren’t a good team? Sweden who knocked Italy out, beat France and the Netherlands in their qualifiers. We’re very unlucky not to beat Germany, hammered Mexico who everyone was saying were one of the most impressive teams at that point.

Not to mention Colombia.

Here are some of the comments from the match thread v Poland:

"I think England would find Colombia a tough proposition whilst the other two are very beatable."

"Hope Senegal get a result against Columbia as I would rather have England face Japan or Senegal in the round of 16 as I think Columbia would turn us over easily."

"Not sure I want to face Columbia in the last 16."

"Well done Colombia, they've been superb tonight."

Of course as soon as we beat them, it's because they're shite.

in the 21 games (i think) since he took over i don't see any result that sticks out,you could say yesterday's but come on we should certainly be beating the likes of Sweden,how good or bad we are remains to be seen,not Gareth's fault bye the way when your dished up fixtures like Malta,Slovenia,Slovakia etc,time to revamp the draw process for me its no good clogging the the domestic and international system with these meaningless games which 9 times from 10 you win,,get the bag out put the balls in and do it after every round for me

in the 21 games (i think) since he took over i don't see any result that sticks out,you could say yesterday's but come on we should certainly be beating the likes of Sweden,how good or bad we are remains to be seen,not Gareth's fault bye the way when your dished up fixtures like Malta,Slovenia,Slovakia etc,time to revamp the draw process for me its no good clogging the the domestic and international system with these meaningless games which 9 times from 10 you win,,get the bag out put the balls in and do it after every round for me
We should beat the likes of Sweden, but we usually don't.

Last edited:
Southgate has England playing well - will probably see them to the finals.

I thought he was an awful default choice but he's done really really well. I'm really happy for the guy and the whole team.
Feels really good to not hate them being shul it as usual.

Think we need a creative Gazza, Beardsley, Modric style player to complete the team.

What's your definition of a 'top team'?

Brazil? Drew with Switzerland and only beat Costa Rica in added time.

Germany? Lost to South Korea and Mexico.

Spain? Lost to Russia.

France? Drew with Denmark.

Argentina? Drew with Iceland.

So who are these top teams we haven't played?
Germany and Spain were poor but they’d be much tougher in the quarter finals than Sweden. Also, Brazil, France, Belgium, Portugal, Uraguay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.