Garry Cook is attempting to make the Saudi Pro League relevant. LIV football?

Officially launched now.

Benzema also joining, will be interesting to see who else goes if the earlier reports of 50 players this summer is accurate.

Not a fan of the Saudis but if they could form a reasonably good league outside of Europe I think it would be good for the global game, and if they can compete for tv audiences in MENA than they’ve got a huge market.

Kante on his way next and reports they’ve also approached Gundo. Also targeting Heung-Min Son.

This could be a really key moment in sporting geopolitical history.

The traditional historied Western establishment relenting and “merging” with the new and upcoming Middle Eastern money!

I’m sure a few journalists (WhatsApp chaps) will be all over this condemning it all?!
Bad news for Rory the Red (McIlroy). The world's biggest hypocrite who has made millions playing in the Middle East and China (amongst other places) but suddenly decided he didn't like the Saudis. Another person who is very selective about his concern over human rights abuses.

Real Madrid to Al-Ittihad, fuck me, thats like leaving us to join Colchester.
Saying that, "kerching"

At the moment they are just an over hyped Indian Super League or Chinese Super League.

IF they manage to get Gundo and Zaha and a few other 'primed' players, that might start to change. It's so silly though, I doubt that many people will tune in for the retirement league. USA (MLS) have increased their standard of play recently by ditching the retirement league theme and starting to raid Argentina for young players.

Also, odds on Benzema being loaned to Newcastle come January?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.