Gas & Electricity

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Combined winters bills are around 900 per quarter, but summers are more like 300 per quarter.

We are with the Co-Op which was considerably cheaper than our previous supplier British gas.

how many quarters are there in your year ?

MC_fan_in_Texas said:
Around a 1,100 sq ft duplex. Electricity runs about $150/month and gas is usually around $40/month. £92 & £25 per month respectively.

Wow that sounds expensive for a warm part of the world or is Texas colder than I thought? How many in the household?

I pay £100 combined per month for an average detached house.

Re: Gas & Electricity

willy eckerslike said:
MC_fan_in_Texas said:
Around a 1,100 sq ft duplex. Electricity runs about $150/month and gas is usually around $40/month. £92 & £25 per month respectively.

Wow that sounds expensive for a warm part of the world or is Texas colder than I thought? How many in the household?

2 people in the house. In the winter it's usually pretty cheap (combined $150ish). Summertime can get really expensive as you're pretty much running the AC 24/7 (combined $250ish). The increase is electricity.

MC_fan_in_Texas said:
willy eckerslike said:
MC_fan_in_Texas said:

2 people in the house. In the winter it's usually pretty cheap (combined $150ish). Summertime can get really expensive as you're pretty much running the AC 24/7 (combined $250ish). The increase is electricity.
No chance of Solar panels or a wind turbine in your back yard(!!) then?

remember arthur mann said:
MC_fan_in_Texas said:
willy eckerslike said:

No chance of Solar panels or a wind turbine in your back yard(!!) then?
Nope. Dont see many of those around here (big city).

MC_fan_in_Texas said:
willy eckerslike said:
MC_fan_in_Texas said:

Never thought of AC ... doh!

Also, if petrol is gas, is gas gas or gas petrol? ;)

willy eckerslike said:
MC_fan_in_Texas said:
willy eckerslike said:

Never thought of AC ... doh!

Also, if petrol is gas, is gas gas or gas petrol? ;)
Yeah when its over 100 F multiple days summer its a necessity. This summer was mild by comparison (only hit 100+ 15 times or so), but a couple years ago we hit 100+ 79 times. Hell, its October and the high today here is 93 F.

£45 gas and £46 electricity. 2 of us living in a 3 bedroomed house. In credit with electricity but we use the tumble dryer more in winter so no doubt the credit will be gobbled up. Both of us out at work all day mon-fri so will only have the gas central heating on a few hours a night when needed. Washing machine about 4 times a week and the shower is electric

BlueBearBoots said:
£45 gas and £46 electricity. 2 of us living in a 3 bedroomed house. In credit with electricity but we use the tumble dryer more in winter so no doubt the credit will be gobbled up. Both of us out at work all day mon-fri so will only have the gas central heating on a few hours a night when needed. Washing machine about 4 times a week and the shower is electric
Do you cook on an open fire? Or like GDM always out for dinner?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.