Gas & Electricity

Watching that was like reverse 'what have the Romans ever done for us". Nigel:"Let's say there is no a whiff of wind for the next 100 years; there is no a ray of sunshine for the next 1000 years; let say all seas and rivers disappear before it takes me to finish this pint; let's say all people suddenly turn dumb like I am and and are unable to come up with concepts of smart grid and grid storage. Would you then agree with me that the easiest and cheapest option is gas."
we're not here to make money say's the man worth £170million, soon the be £300million

This is down to all the governments who have failed to embrace nuclear power.

No need for gas fired power stations if you build new generation nuclear.
It’s quite astonishing that in the 2020s we still haven’t got to grip with harnessing the Sun’s energy.

The Sun gives us enough energy to power the entire planet for 24 hours in just 10 seconds. Yet we’re still burning fossil fuels.

Finally got my meter readings into EDF to be told my new direct debit will be £211, up from the current £160.

I actually feel relieved, crazy to even say that at those numbers.

My fix with British Gas ended on 31st March. When checking my account today I was told my monthly DD payments for Gas & Electricity need to rise from £106 to £174 to keep me "on track". I was expecting to pay more tbh.

Have a 2000w inverter in my van for tools been using that to charge all devices in the house. Luckily have around 4 car batteries so going to look at linking them all into a grid. Able to charge them elsewhere for free. Trying everything to just cutback on usage, our bills are nowhere near what some people's are thank god, but I imagine come October I'll need to have something rigged up to offset the massive increase again.

2022 eh! The joys.

So … people with a smart meter.

how much are you paying on electric per day now ? And Gas per day roughly ?

It’s quite astonishing that in the 2020s we still haven’t got to grip with harnessing the Sun’s energy.

The Sun gives us enough energy to power the entire planet for 24 hours in just 10 seconds. Yet we’re still burning fossil fuels.
It’s hard to make profit when it’s free, it’s all about monetising us before they go firm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.