General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
678056c81b1dc2cbe3597a8193187042.jpg

Ok, I've seen this doing the rounds today. How does it, or doesn't it hold up.

My thoughts are seems heavily dependent on the fact that 2010 we were coming out of the financial crisis, and inflation would've affected it.

What are your thoughts?

It's shows that the envy crew constantly spouting on about the poor and working classes have somewhat overstated their position. Not overly surprising because that's what they do.

Here we go again , 45 mins of bluster with no real answers.

Expect someone to claim a bias audience ny 9:45.

I don't know.if I can be arsed with another one of these.

But it's not complete nonsense as there is no accurate way of predicting the impact of raising tax rates on actual receipts. So for example, the receipts from corporation tax increased markedly in 2016-17 compared to the previous year, in defiance of the Treasury's own forecasts. There are numerous reasons why that should be so but one is, as I said earlier, that companies are hoarding cash rather than investing it (they invested 2% less in the same fiscal year) thereby increasing profits.

If you invest the cash in your balance sheet, costs will almost certainly go up in the short to medium term until the returns from that investment feed through to revenue.

But you're ignoring the fact that a higher corporation tax rate will affect inward investment, which will consequently negatively impact growth.

You're right to say that it's very difficult to predict corporation tax rates accurately which is exactly what makes a nonsense of the Labour government claiming they can fund everything and anything from corporation tax increases!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.