General UFC thread

Ain't going to happen, the talk is just hype and designed to maintain the UFC in the public's eye.
So in reality the UFC (now owned by WME/IMG) contacted Mauweathers PR team and got them to "challenge" one of their higher profile fighters into a boxing fight.

Mayweather gets exposure, remains relevant (book coming out or something)
And UFC maintain exposure in mainstream media and also attract the boxing audience into their product.

Mayweather would destroy most MMA fighters in his weight class in a boxing match.
In a MMA match I'd probably beat Mayweather as he'd be taken straight to the ground and submitted.

Well i can't say i'm surprised tbh, i don't think Joe Silva is there anymore so it was probably Sean Shelby or one of the new guys that made this match up. It was bad match making IMHO.

I am pretty new to watching it, i remember making an archive on an ftp starting at ufc 1 (still got access to that if anyone needs old classics) up to the current which was 165 at the time. I say that as i was familiar with the names and i remember Penn so he must be getting pretty old now. He may not have fought as far back as 165 but defo remember his name mentioned a long time ago.

That Rodriguez fella will kick your bastard head off, very impressive stuff i though. He came at him from all angles using all of his limbs to strike from different positions. The 1-2 times he caught one he seemed ok so he has some chin and is willing to take a crack so he can get stuck in. Possible future champ material? i really don't know em all but he seems good to me.

Ronda's got what she went in the ring for last night money money never in a million years did she went for anything else. the other girl was hungry and wanted it more than money. am not saying its wrong and if anybody else in her shoes would do the same thing and making your money when you can is key to UFC its so fast and your peak is short and sometimes your in and out so fast and 1 slip or mistake you end up most of the times losing

UFC is a very hard sport and not many can fight bunch kick knee wrestle all in one sport and come of smelling of roses
Can't say i agree with the first bit, Ronda is f*ckin loaded - not saying she isn't happy to make a shit tonne of money but she can make more sticking to Hollywood than she would fighting. But undeniably she did not give 100% to this fight, not that she thought it was an easy fight but more that she was already looking at leaving before she fought. IMO she's finished, but i don't personally think she should.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.