General Videogame Thread

Silly question but my current sub runs until end Jan, would this get added on or do I lose my month 1/2 left?

See if you can buy it through here and add it on to your account. Even if you were to lose the 6 weeks left it would still be worth your while as its about £13-15 saving on the cheapest reliable greymarket sellers, that would make a six weeks worth about £5-6.

Offer expires on 19th. Worth checking out if you are eligible for the offer and how long the voucher is "active".

If it is valid for longer than 6 weeks (and it generates a code that you have to manually input, rather than automatically applying it) you could just sit on it until your subscription expires.

See if you can buy it through here and add it on to your account. Even if you were to lose the 6 weeks left it would still be worth your while as its about £13-15 saving on the cheapest reliable greymarket sellers, that would make a six weeks worth about £5-6.

Offer expires on 19th. Worth checking out if you are eligible for the offer and how long the voucher is "active".

If it is valid for longer than 6 weeks (and it generates a code that you have to manually input, rather than automatically applying it) you could just sit on it until your subscription expires.

I had a look and doesn't say anything (

Silly question but my current sub runs until end Jan, would this get added on or do I lose my month 1/2 left?

Buy £25 voucher from Shopto.net and save over £2 lol

Yes, I think it only works for anyone who doesn't currently have the subscription (not necessarily 'new members', just anyone who does have it right now).

I didn't check that bit before I bought my 25 quid voucher from shopto!

Yeah sorry, I used to have a subscription but decided to renew for the festive holiday and have a week off in Jan.

Great value mind as Days gone (which I nearly bought the other day) is free on there.

OK, these Oculus Quest things (and indeed any other VR devices): can you guys give me a brief idiot's guide? E.g. Are they completely stand-alone?

Just how good are they? They seem fairly affordable at £300. How advanced is the tech compared to 'normal' consoles? How good are the games that are available and what is a typical cost?

I saw another thread about using them for fitness, e.g. boxing and I must say that I'm intrigued.

Cheers.
I just got one, they are amazing. You can play them stand along or link them to your p.c. They graphics are better through p.c and you have a wider range of games. There are some good games for stand along as well, like beat sabers and one called resist, that's like spiderman. I've got star wars squadrons on pc and it's unbelievable. You get to fly about 10 different star wars ships for both sides, also got a racing game but not tried that yet.
You're talking about 23 quid for the stand alone games. P. C. ones dearer. The graphics on the stand alone ones are nowhere near ps4 level but the immersion makes up for it.
This gives you an idea of graphics

Last edited:
How good is The Witcher: Wild Hunt? I bought it on steam ages ago and forgot, and im not sure whether to put the effort in

How good is The Witcher: Wild Hunt? I bought it on steam ages ago and forgot, and im not sure whether to put the effort in
No one likes that game, or completed it then felt for months after that life was meaningless.

GAH all those nights galloping across Velen, never sure what I'd run into next.

Seriously tho, it only makes sense as a game once you get out of the first area. Then you really are in for a massive and varied experience.

I'm toying wether to wait for the remaster before playing it again. Either way, I'll definitely be using a gameplay overhaul mod, there's a lot of pretty silly stuff in the base game like crappy levelling (like all RPGs) and some equipment that doesn't make any sense (crossbow instakills underwater, takes any flying monster down and stuns them, but is more like a pea shooter the rest of the time FFS). I also don't want the HUDs and quest markers.

But all that apart, it's the only game that's convinced me the story and adventure was worth 100+ hours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.