General Videogame Thread

No one likes that game, or completed it then felt for months after that life was meaningless.

GAH all those nights galloping across Velen, never sure what I'd run into next.

Seriously tho, it only makes sense as a game once you get out of the first area. Then you really are in for a massive and varied experience.

I'm toying wether to wait for the remaster before playing it again. Either way, I'll definitely be using a gameplay overhaul mod, there's a lot of pretty silly stuff in the base game like crappy levelling (like all RPGs) and some equipment that doesn't make any sense (crossbow instakills underwater, takes any flying monster down and stuns them, but is more like a pea shooter the rest of the time FFS). I also don't want the HUDs and quest markers.

But all that apart, it's the only game that's convinced me the story and adventure was worth 100+ hours.

I've been looking for a game to get me back into the RPG mood - big FF, TES, Summoner, WoW etc. fan - and it sounds like this might be the one. I'll start it up tomorrow.

How good is The Witcher: Wild Hunt? I bought it on steam ages ago and forgot, and im not sure whether to put the effort in
For me one of the greatest games of all time. Combat can be a bit basic in its terms of the world(there's so much to do) and the actual story it's fantastic.

Might be worth watching A Guide To The Witcher games (no spoilers) on YouTube to catch up on the story as it follows on from the first two games and can get a little confusing. Also it's a long game. If you just follow the main story your looking at around 50-60 hours and if you do most of the side quests (which are as good as the main quests) your looking at 100+ hours.

Also the choices you make in the game absolutely matter. You could do or say something to a character a couple of hours in and then 15 hours later you'll find that decision had huge consequences for the rest of the game. There's 36! possible endings in the game

On my 3rd play though and I've clocked 376 hours and I'm still doing quests I haven't done before.

Also the 2 DLC's Heart Of Stone and Blood And Wine are brilliant as well and add around 25 hours worth of gameplay. You can pick them up really cheap now

For me one of the greatest games of all time. Combat can be a bit basic in its terms of the world(there's so much to do) and the actual story it's fantastic.

Might be worth watching A Guide To The Witcher games (no spoilers) on YouTube to catch up on the story as it follows on from the first two games and can get a little confusing. Also it's a long game. If you just follow the main story your looking at around 50-60 hours and if you do most of the side quests (which are as good as the main quests) your looking at 100+ hours.

Also the choices you make in the game absolutely matter. You could do or say something to a character a couple of hours in and then 15 hours later you'll find that decision had huge consequences for the rest of the game. There's 36! possible endings in the game

On my 3rd play though and I've clocked 376 hours and I'm still doing quests I haven't done before.

Also the 2 DLC's Heart Of Stone and Blood And Wine are brilliant as well and add around 25 hours worth of gameplay. You can pick them up really cheap now
This reply has sold it even more. Cheers mate. RPG with consequences are the best RPGs and anything that's proper immersive and needs you to put serious time into is OK by me.

I've read reviews and stuff but would rather get some proper opinions like yous guyses. So ta.

This reply has sold it even more. Cheers mate. RPG with consequences are the best RPGs and anything that's proper immersive and needs you to put serious time into is OK by me.

I've read reviews and stuff but would rather get some proper opinions like yous guyses. So ta.
Make sure you get the Game of the Year version with the DLC. 'Blood & Wine' is the best thing about Witcher 3 - it would be a great game on its own.

I just got one, they are amazing. You can play them stand along or link them to your p.c. They graphics are better through p.c and you have a wider range of games. There are some good games for stand along as well, like beat sabers and one called resist, that's like spiderman. I've got star wars squadrons on pc and it's unbelievable. You get to fly about 10 different star wars ships for both sides, also got a racing game but not tried that yet.
You're talking about 23 quid for the stand alone games. P. C. ones dearer. The graphics on the stand alone ones are nowhere near ps4 level but the immersion makes up for it.
This gives you an idea of graphics

Thank you.

I think this has told me that I don't want one - yet. I think I'll wait until some games that appeal to me come out, and until the tech is a bit more advanced.

What I would really like is to play VR GTA but I guess that's not possible yet.

Managed to bag a 48 inch oled as my new pc monitor, can’t set it up until after Xmas but looking forward to been finally able to use my pc I built at the start of the year properly. Will hook up the Xbox toot as well.

Playing Fallout 3 on the Series X with FPS boost.

Looks, plays and feels like it was released yesterday. I'm honestly gobsmacked the things they are doing with this console.

Have a controversial impression about new Battlefield. A particularly annoying bug in the game for me is the inability to pick up a wounded comrade (the button just does not appear next to him). Yes, and sometimes no one can resurrect you yourself - your comrades-in-arms run up, stand for a couple of seconds and move on. Most of all, the game has problems with registering hits - you constantly find yourself in situations where you shoot accurately at the enemy, and half of the bullets go through him. Either this is a random scatter of bullets, or something is wrong with the servers.

Huge sale on the playstation store starting today. Some highlights below but plenty more room

Witcher 3 will all DLC 6.99
Code Vein 9.99
Dreamfall chapters 3.19
horizon zero dawn with all DLC 6.39 if you have ps plus
That’s a great deal on the Witcher. Holding on for the ps5 version but still a great deal with all the dlc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.