General Wrestling Thread

You didn't say your top 5.

I'll give you mine...just to help you out.

In no order.

Jeff Hardy.
HBK.
Undertaker.
Lesnar.
Bubba Ray Dudley.

Obviously as I said, my favourite and "the best" are not the same thing. Just as in 2000 City were my favourite team but very obviously not the best team in the country.

Probably something along the lines of:

HBK
Bret
Hogan
HHH
Taker

Is that's today's wwe then as I don't watch it. I did watch wwf growing up though. The hulk hogan, ultimate warrior, Brett hart, legion of doom etc era. That obviously was all predetermined and rehearsed. Has it changed now. Serious question. Not belittling it at all.

I was taking the piss mate, obviously nobody believe it's not predetermined and there's an argument to be made that nobody outside of children ever really has.

I like action movies as well and could argue that Stallone is a better actor than Van Damme but this doesn't mean that I think Rocky Balboa is a real person

I was taking the piss mate, obviously nobody believe it's not predetermined and there's an argument to be made that nobody outside of children ever really has.

I like action movies as well and could argue that Stallone is a better actor than Van Damme but this doesn't mean that I think Rocky Balboa is a real person

Ah fair enough. Just someone was referring to a wrestlers record of only lost one bout or something.

oh, don't start destroying that for me as well now, god dammit.

Ah fair enough. Just someone was referring to a wrestlers record of only lost one bout or something.

It's hard to explain.

Essentially they are characters in a TV show. When we talk about them, we often talk about their in-Universe character .

For example, if you're watching the Return of the Jedi you by that point know that Vader is a big, evil badass and Luke is a young trainee in this mystical religion thing that uses a lightsaber. The characters are established. If Vader defeated Luke in the Emperor's Throne Room then some random StormTrooper ran in and killed him you'd feel short changed because the StormTroopers have been shown as disposable characters and Vader shouldn't really be killed by one.

That's sort of how it works when talking about records (though not directly win/loss). If they are presented as a Championship contender then they shouldn't be getting destroyed in 30 seconds by a nobody who has no build up as it breaks the suspension of disbelief/immersion in the program and your brain shouts "this is bullshit".

I always recommend that people watch this video to really get a proper feel of what wrestling is, and how it has developed over the decades since Hogan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.