George Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made up for the kid,he could do with a Championship loan after this,im sure there'd be a few takers.

Sounds like he'd like to stay at Walsall for the rest of the season.

“I’m really enjoying my time here,” he said. “Each day I’m learning from a great manager and great players. I’m only going to develop into a better player by being here at Walsall.

“I’d be delighted to stay for a longer period but it’s a conversation that will happen between the gaffer and Manchester City. “I’ve spoken to the manager here a few times and if he wants me to stay I am more than happy to do that.”

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...ge-evans-id-love-to-stay-longer-at-saddlers/?

Evans is doing exactly what he should be doing out on loan to a team in a lower division. He's starring and making vital contributions to a team who was already one of the best in their league.

He's doing what Dele Alli did at MK Dons and he's only 18 months older, more or less a similar age with a lot less first team experience. He's seemingly adding goals to his game too, meaning he's not just a a neat, tidy midfielder. If he can do that then he'll that little bit of x-factor required to make himself really stand out.

It's very, very encouraging.

I think people read too much in to the level of football you get with a loan. The quality of football tapers off from mid championship down to league 2 but the important thing is that all of it is significantly different to youth / reserve football. You have clubs / players fighting for their existence as well as fans and pressure from everyone around the club. It’s tough physical football and pure technical skill is not enough on its own. Youth football can be skilful / technical but it is also players just trying to impress a handful of watching coaches / scouts in an empty stadium. A good loan will develop the mentality to survive in the professional game and make the best of some very difficult opportunities.

I am glad Evans is doing well at Walsall and he has a chance of promotion with a possibility of a mini cup run. but similar to Huws I have my doubts that he is going to make it here.

Hopefully the club will have a bit more faith and invest more in him due to the fact that he has represented us at every age group.
Looks a genuinely great prospect from what I have seen, reminds me a bit of Michael Johnson.

Hopefully the club will have a bit more faith and invest more in him due to the fact that he has represented us at every age group.
Looks a genuinely great prospect from what I have seen, reminds me a bit of Michael Johnson.

Too late for us even though it would make a great story if he did. But as I said earlier he has enough ability to carve out a good career.

Last edited:
Evans continues to show a super performance and today took the Man of the Match Award
CUWise0W4AA9H-K.jpg

Well done lad. Whether he makes the grade at City or not, I'm proud that so many of our former academy stars can make decent careers out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.