George Floyd murder | Clashes between US police and protestors

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Boyega is setting a brilliant example right now. It's unfortunate that this is all happening with the Covid crisis happening simultaneously but it's not as if they can reschedule the protests for whenever people are told it's fine to gather outside.

It's not as if he's been caught shagging a prostitute or having a kick about with strangers on the beach, he's actually fighting for a cause he believes in.

What he's been doing bud is putting a lot of people at risk, the news is ramped with just how susceptible BAME people are with this virus but thousands of them will be taking a chance with their families lives by congregating in huge numbers.

What he's been doing bud is putting a lot of people at risk, the news is ramped with just how susceptible BAME people are with this virus but thousands of them will be taking a chance with their families lives by congregating in huge numbers.

It's odd then, that the first and only criticisms I've seen of his actions have come on this website. You'd think if the matter was as straight forward as you're making it out to be then he'd be widely condemned but that's the exact opposite of what is happening.

John Boyega is setting a brilliant example right now. It's unfortunate that this is all happening with the Covid crisis happening simultaneously but it's not as if they can reschedule the protests for whenever people are told it's fine to gather outside.

It's not as if he's been caught shagging a prostitute or having a kick about with strangers on the beach, he's actually fighting for a cause he believes in.

He's campaigning for police to play by the rules through breaking them himself, hardly setting a positive example. There are thousands of families who've either lost loved ones or are shielding vulnerable people and are playing by the rules, do their lives not matter too?

I've just looked that up and I'll have to give it a watch. Although I'm not sure it will be great for my blood pressure right now.

It's brilliant mate, it's fuckin horrible, sad and heartbreaking brilliant, but brilliant, and informative none the less, 3 1/2 hours long, you'll see that I'm not under playing my comment about nothing changing at grassroots level, not in attitudes anyway, good luck with it.

It's brilliant mate, it's fuckin horrible, sad and heartbreaking brilliant, but brilliant, and informative none the less, 3 1/2 hours long, you'll see that I'm not under playing my comment about nothing changing at grassroots level, not in attitudes anyway, good luck with it.

Thanks for the recommendation. It's 3.5 hours long, so might have to watch it in segments over the next couple of days.

He's campaigning for police to play by the rules through breaking them himself, hardly setting a positive example. There are thousands of families who've either lost loved ones or are shielding vulnerable people and are playing by the rules, do their lives not matter too?

There are two separate issues here happening simultaneously.

The true resolution to one of those problems can only be seen solved by scientists and the other has to be resolved by the common people.

Inactivity might slow the spread of Covid but it won't solve anything.

And I'm not sure you're fully aware that you are equating flouting social distancing guidelines to literal murder but I want to make you aware that by saying "he's campaigning for police to follow the rules but breaking them himself", you're straying awfully close.

101802618_2495314377445248_3812704170159374336_n.png

Seeing all these protests and the lack of social distancing really bothers me.

we’ve all been sat in the house for months now trying to keep the death figure down, checking the reports everyday and praying it will fall and if one of those protestors have the virus thousands more could catch it and die.

we’ve all be applauding NHS workers every Thursday for them risking their lives and dying in some cases but if one of those protestors have the virus it will have been in vein.

I respect everyone’s right to protest, I respect the cause but I’ve already had one death in my family from COVID19, I wish everyone would try to remember that we’re in the thick of a global pandemic and the need to keep our distance.

Well said. The protesters are unwittingly becoming the second wave of the pandemic by the look of things.

We are all equal, some including a millionaire celebrity actor are more equal than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.