George Floyd murder | Clashes between US police and protestors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew Brees appears to be in hot water after rather surprisingly misguided take

Brees appears to be a genuine passionate person, who is charitable and, more importantly, socially aware and understanding. He is, by all accounts, a huge asset to the city of New Orleans. It is precisely because of this that his misguided comments, obfuscating the real intentions behind Kaepernick's protest is disappointing eliciting such a visceral reaction. Several teammates have called him out, including Jenkins above, and the 2nd most important player on the team Michael Thomas.

https://twitter.com/Cantguardmike/status/1268240391561773057

I have no idea who any of these people are other than NFL players but I've now got a whole lot of respect for Malcolm Jenkins.

To be able to articulate his point of view while being visibly upset at his colleague's ignorance is really impressive.

Fuck LeBron though. That guy will pipe up when it suits him and not damage his wallet. Same goes for Michael Jordan who all of a sudden has decided he's got something to say about racist republicans.

I have no idea who any of these people are other than NFL players but I've now got a whole lot of respect for Malcolm Jenkins.

To be able to articulate his point of view while being visibly upset at his colleague's ignorance is really impressive.

Fuck LeBron though. That guy will pipe up when it suits him and not damage his wallet. Same goes for Michael Jordan who all of a sudden has decided he's got something to say about racist republicans.

Extremely moving, and he's bang on, I watched the Jack Johnson documentary before all this happened, and that's a fuckin tough watch at times, REALLY tough, and yet it seems, some 120 years on, at grass roots level, nothing has changed at all.

Haha, I cant believe you fall for this shit, it takes two to tango... No wonder we're all in this sorry state :(

"Two to tango" in what way? Years of instigation spilling into reaction? "Sorry state" caused by whom?

Clarify, because you're making it seem that George Floyd brought things on himself and the consequential 'final straw' for Black people is unwarranted.

Yeah Jenkins was one of the few who originally stood with Kaepernick and took a knee during the anthem. He initially uploaded a video of him saying something to the effect of "with all due respect Drew, shut the fuck up". Brees apparently reached out to him and they talked. The above video was then posted after that conversation. I was really impressed with his ability to even openly criticise the most important player and the face of his team, to openly criticise your friend - some of the other Saints players tried to muddy the water and make excuses for their teammate. I respect Jenkins fearless approach.

I have no real issues with Lebron other than the fact that it took an incredibly long time to start lending his voice and influence to social issues. I think it was the Trayvon Martin case that finally brought it out of him - he had spent nearly decade being the face of the league up until that point without as much as a peep.

See John Boyega not social distancing by engaging in the protests, what hope do we have for future generations or becoming a more tolerant, inclusive society when people like him are supposed to be role models yet publicly disrespect the sacrifices made by the rest of the country to keep people safe?

See John Boyega not social distancing by engaging in the protests, what hope do we have for future generations or becoming a more tolerant, inclusive society when people like him are supposed to be role models yet publicly disrespect the sacrifices made by the rest of the country to keep people safe?

Yeah, even Collymore has stopped dogging to support the NHS.

Last edited:
He’s got The Force, he’s protected.

John Boyega is setting a brilliant example right now. It's unfortunate that this is all happening with the Covid crisis happening simultaneously but it's not as if they can reschedule the protests for whenever people are told it's fine to gather outside.

It's not as if he's been caught shagging a prostitute or having a kick about with strangers on the beach, he's actually fighting for a cause he believes in.

Extremely moving, and he's bang on, I watched the Jack Johnson documentary before all this happened, and that's a fuckin tough watch at times, REALLY tough, and yet it seems, some 120 years on, at grass roots level, nothing has changed at all.

I've just looked that up and I'll have to give it a watch. Although I'm not sure it will be great for my blood pressure right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.