getting your pc to turn on fast?

Captain Oats

You know when you get a new pc or when you format a pc it turns on lightning fast for a while. Until you clog it up and its slow. Well ive taken all the old progs off my old pc bar a few, and cleared the HD full of crap. I run reg cleaners (ccleaner), defraged, scanned for everything, and its all clean. It comes on faster than it did but still not as fast as it should. What can i do???

thanks guys

ah i used ccleaner to clean up everything, didnt realise you could choose which progs start up though. whats svchost? in my task manager this seems to be taking up the most memory

Captain Oats said:
ah i used ccleaner to clean up everything, didnt realise you could choose which progs start up though. whats svchost? in my task manager this seems to be taking up the most memory

Don't stop svchost! It's a critical system process.

because i dont need to pay for more ram for what i use it for. Its got 1.5 gig in as it is now. When i bought it, it had 256mb ram and it used to boot up faster than it does now.

Unless there is any software you have installed recently you need I would use System Restore and put it back to a time when it worked okay. It may be a virus slowing it down.

malkie said:
Get a relative or friend to turn on your PC 10 minutes before you want to use it, hey presto, no waiting time for you and no outlay.

or make a machine with an arm and a timmer to switch it on at the required time....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.