Girona FC 2017/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diaz is a winger? Or a 10? Girona have very good midfielders, specially defensive ones. Aleix García is struggling to get game time. In general Girona plays in a 5-3-2 with the fullbacks playing very offensively, doing the job of wingers. That means Girona does not have wingers. It does play however, with a mobile striker in portu, together with a target man. Portu is a good player, it has 8 goals in 21 matches this season (plus 3 assists), so it won't be easy.
Are you a Girona fan? If so, what´s your thoughts on Maffeo? I have been watching a lot of Girona games this season, but not everyone. Would be great to hear the opinion of someone who watches him every week

Are you a Girona fan? If so, what´s your thoughts on Maffeo? I have been watching a lot of Girona games this season, but not everyone. Would be great to hear the opinion of someone who watches him every week

He was our second best player last year, at the very least. This year started very good, cooled a bit two months ago, but after being benched a couple times (and realising Aday is a good right back but lacks in attacking outlet in comparison) he is back to his best. I found him a player with a lot of energy, who can play in a very demanding position, being a player that has to defend as well as being a winger at the same time. I think he clearly improved his decision making in when to dribble, as well as his defensive duties, which are good. He could do practice a bit more passing, though.

Good enough to start in City? No, at least not now. Better than Danilo? Better than him playing at Madrid for sure.

He was our second best player last year, at the very least. This year started very good, cooled a bit two months ago, but after being benched a couple times (and realising Aday is a good right back but lacks in attacking outlet in comparison) he is back to his best. I found him a player with a lot of energy, who can play in a very demanding position, being a player that has to defend as well as being a winger at the same time. I think he clearly improved his decision making in when to dribble, as well as his defensive duties, which are good. He could do practice a bit more passing, though.

Good enough to start in City? No, at least not now. Better than Danilo? Better than him playing at Madrid for sure.
Thanks for the reply

Girona playing Sevilla away right now. Half time 0-0.

A. García has just been subbed on so I might give it a watch.

Drawing 0-0 HT at Sevilla. Maffeo suspended, his replacement Aday missed a penalty.

Girona look a very good team, very well coached without outstanding individuals but a lot of good players who are obviously very used to playing with each other. They have been at least the equal of Sevilla.

Drawing 0-0 HT at Sevilla. Maffeo suspended, his replacement Aday missed a penalty.

Girona look a very good team, very well coached without outstanding individuals but a lot of good players who are obviously very used to playing with each other. They have been at least the equal of Sevilla.
Oops.

Disappointing, should have buried the pen and started the second half as bad as you can get really. Could well drop a place if Betis win tomorrow. That said, 10th is still very respectful.

Shame Douglas hasn’t seemed to settle and perform, I expected big things from him considering the fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.