Girona FC (partnership)

I wonder if this is one of the ideas to be able to sign up promising South American talent?

I reckon some of our promising academy lads will be going there on loan as well.

Txxi "We want Pep as manager"

Pep's Brother "Link in with the club i own and he's yours"

Txxi "Deal"

We'll soon have a full squad of Spanish players and probably apply to play in La Liga.

I wonder if this is one of the ideas to be able to sign up promising South American talent?

I reckon some of our promising academy lads will be going there on loan as well.

Maybe, but I think Portuguese clubs are viewed as being the most beneficial for taking in South Americans.

Maybe, but I think Portuguese clubs are viewed as being the most beneficial for taking in South Americans.

Apparently we are now buy Pedro Alcala, a 20 year old full back from Llagostera for 100K and loaning him
to Girona.
It has stirred things up a bit, if a Spanish club bough him they would have to pay 400K.
I don't know if this kid is a good prospect or not but it would seem that the intention is to help Girona get
into the top flight where we can use them and loan out players to get La Liga experience.

Apparently we are now buy Pedro Alcala, a 20 year old full back from Llagostera for 100K and loaning him
to Girona.
It has stirred things up a bit, if a Spanish club bough him they would have to pay 400K.
I don't know if this kid is a good prospect or not but it would seem that the intention is to help Girona get
into the top flight where we can use them and loan out players to get La Liga experience.

Wow...3 players buy from City and loan to Girona.

to Girona.

"Kid" is the wrong word. He's 26 and has spent his whole career in the Spanish lower leagues. If we are buying him then we have no intention of bringing him to Manchester, ever - we're just doing it to give Girona a free player.

If true, this is a very good move. Having a feeder club in La Liga (eventually) would be super beneficial to City. This would allow some of the younger lads to get extensive playing time that they probably wont get at the parent club thus keeping a good pipeline of fit and experienced prospects.

"Kid" is the wrong word. He's 26 and has spent his whole career in the Spanish lower leagues. If we are buying him then we have no intention of bringing him to Manchester, ever - we're just doing it to give Girona a free player.

Yes your correct, I was told he was a youngster so not a prospect for us.
But interesting stuff going on over there, helping Pep's brother out !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.