Give Hughes a better contract!

He's made it quite clear he's not happy with most of the players he inherited.

There's goin to be massive changes and I can't wait. Bring on Jan.

well if we are stuck with him he needs a massive clearout because these lazy shites dont seem to want to play for him

Well, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be opening myself up to all sorts of abuse here, but I won't let that bother me!!!

What surprises me most is that we are surprised this team is struggling. Whilst initially not being ecstatic about the Hughes appointment, I recognised that he seemed to one of the most talented British managers around, so to get him to City seemed a good move. In view of this, I was prepared to back him.

Are we not talking here essentially about a side that collectively took their bat and ball home against Boro at the end of last season and capitulated in one of the most disgraceful performances I have seen from a City side in over 30 years of watching them? Has the current team changed dramatically from that one?

Hughes's signings seem to be performing - Zabaleta, SWP, Kompany and Robinho. It's not them letting the side down. I have it on very good authority that Ben-Haim was not a Hughes signing, and that if it wasn't for ADUG, as I am sure many people have posted, it is debatable whether we would have a team to follow in Copenhagen in February.

It's all well and good pointing the finger at Hughes, but I believe we are still seeing a Sven team that was poor at the end of last season, and has carried that form into this. Give the man a chance when he gets his own players in.

I am sure that no-one really thinks we are going to go down, we have too much talent in the side and when Hughes has signed who he feels will strengthen and improve the side, judge him then, not now.

If we'd said at the start of August we'd have Robinho and SWP in the side, and be through to the knockout stages of the UEFA, wouldn't we have taken that?

Right, I'll get back down behind the wall now!!!

cleggy1966 said:
Well, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be opening myself up to all sorts of abuse here, but I won't let that bother me!!!

What surprises me most is that we are surprised this team is struggling. Whilst initially not being ecstatic about the Hughes appointment, I recognised that he seemed to one of the most talented British managers around, so to get him to City seemed a good move. In view of this, I was prepared to back him.

Are we not talking here essentially about a side that collectively took their bat and ball home against Boro at the end of last season and capitulated in one of the most disgraceful performances I have seen from a City side in over 30 years of watching them? Has the current team changed dramatically from that one?

Hughes's signings seem to be performing - Zabaleta, SWP, Kompany and Robinho. It's not them letting the side down. I have it on very good authority that Ben-Haim was not a Hughes signing, and that if it wasn't for ADUG, as I am sure many people have posted, it is debatable whether we would have a team to follow in Copenhagen in February.

It's all well and good pointing the finger at Hughes, but I believe we are still seeing a Sven team that was poor at the end of last season, and has carried that form into this. Give the man a chance when he gets his own players in.

I am sure that no-one really thinks we are going to go down, we have too much talent in the side and when Hughes has signed who he feels will strengthen and improve the side, judge him then, not now.

If we'd said at the start of August we'd have Robinho and SWP in the side, and be through to the knockout stages of the UEFA, wouldn't we have taken that?

Right, I'll get back down behind the wall now!!!

This

cleggy1966 said:
Hughes's signings seem to be performing - Zabaleta, SWP, Kompany and Robinho. It's not them letting the side down. I have it on very good authority that Ben-Haim was not a Hughes signing...

I knew Jo had been airbrushed out of the "Players Wot I Bought' list taped to the message board in Hughes office but now it seems TBH has been removed as well, Was it only a few months ago when I was asking what kind of signing was TBH, a player that was so cack even Avram Grant refused to pick him, only to be told by the vast majority on here that it was a top signing by Hughes?

Damn if it isn't getting like the old Soviet Union as Comrade Hughes and his minions re-write history.

And then is the irony of claiming Robinho as a Hughes signing. So lets remind people of the rules. If Robinho is a Hughes signing so then is Jo and TBH. If Robinho is not a Hughes signing then you can take Jo off his desk. TBH I could care either way.

Even more ironic is that if there is one department of management that Hughes is good at and that is spotting a player. Its a funny old world.

That's what I thought too, although to be fair, apparently the deal was rubber stamped by Hughes. And point taken on Robbie, it's probably stretching things ot say he was a Hughes signing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.