Glastonbury

I came back from Glastonbury on Monday, I'm still tired!

I know the lineup wasnt the best but I agree with the other poster, you don't even have to watch bands to have a great time.

I spent alot of time in Trash City, Shangrala and Arcadia! Wonderful places with lots to see and do. I was amazed at some of the things I saw!

Glastonbury is so much better than any other festival in the UK and possibly the world.

Agree with those who say it aint about the headliners, it's about the occasion.
The site is massive and you don't really get the chance to see it all in one festival.
All this headliner shizzle really winds me up. There are loads of other acts to see that will give you more of a buzz than some of the same old same old.
Doves were top and that was assisted by playing the John Peel tent. Hockey were quality as was Gaslight Anthem with special appearance by the Boss himself. N E R D were different for me but enjoyable all the same. White Lies and Friendly Fires put on great shows as well.
I half killed myself getting to the front for Kasabian and although it was a mosh, the sound was crap. All bass drum and little else.
I read somewhere previously on this thread that Springsteen was shite but I can only conclude that you are deluded. The guy was pure class. Best show I have ever seen from anybody at Glastonbury. Obviously it's all subjective although if you thought he was crap then I still think you are wrong.

Main gripe....................how fricking middle class is it now? They put the bloody 'rugger' on and you had to fight your way passed 10000 'Tobys' shouting 'great scrum' at the fecking screen when there were bands on elsewhere. That really did grind my gears I can tell ya.

Although I had a top time I have come back wondering if I should look at something else next year. They should start to charge for nippers as well, the place was full of the little buggers. Must have added 20000 onto the overall attendance. All being pushed around in those trendy 3 wheeler buggies.

After reading that I would just like to reiterate that it was amazing but not as amazing as it used to be and that aint due to the bands on show.

A bit harsh to call me deluded regarding the Bruce Springsteen comment.

I clearly wasn't the only deluded one, people were streaming away from the pyramid stage after half an hour and heading towards Franz Ferdinand....Franz Ferdinand ffs!!

rushts said:
i f@cking hate lily b@stard allen, come on take part, ok i'm not there this year, but did you see bon iver (bon eevair)play skinny love?
ok i know it was radio 1 friendly, but what an album, people buy/download... Bon Iver for emma forever ago.best album of last year period.

correct.

simply brilliant

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
mcfc28 said:
Glasto isn't just about bands and headliners! It's huge. I go to Leeds every year too, only been to V once, but you could fit about 15 V's on the Glasto site and it's amazing at every turn, stuff going on through the night.

It really is about more than the main bands, you could go to Glasto and never see a band, it would still be unbelievable.

Anybody who refers to Glastonbury as "Glasto" should be fed to pigs with swine flu whilst still alive.

Nice

Cheers fellow blue

fathellensbellend said:
rushts said:
i f@cking hate lily b@stard allen, come on take part, ok i'm not there this year, but did you see bon iver (bon eevair)play skinny love?
ok i know it was radio 1 friendly, but what an album, people buy/download... Bon Iver for emma forever ago.best album of last year period.

correct.

simply brilliant

I love 'For Emma..' but his set at Glastonbury just didnt fit, the stage, daytime, the crowd, It just wasnt the right setting for his music, still great songs though.

Mcfcfaulky said:
A bit harsh to call me deluded regarding the Bruce Springsteen comment.

I clearly wasn't the only deluded one, people were streaming away from the pyramid stage after half an hour and heading towards Franz Ferdinand....Franz Ferdinand ffs!!

As a massive Springsteen fan I thought his set was absolutely brilliant. I've been going to Glastonbury for several years and this was one of the best performances i've ever seen at the festival. Having said that, I thought that this was very much a gig for the fans. At 2 and 3/4 hours long I can appreciate that if you don't know all his songs it would start to get a bit tiresome. "At the end of the day" (apologies), musical taste is completely subjective. I personally would rather drill holes in my face than listen to Franz Ferdinand but other people like them. Whatever floats your boat.

I'm still feeling weird, the dreams are still happening and balance is a bit fucked but slowly getting back to normal, anyone see the noisettes?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.