Glastonbury

Mcfcfaulky said:
Have just about recovered from my weekend actually at Glastonbury, none of this armchair viewing for me!

Thought I'd throw my two penneth's worth into this thread.

Awsome weekend, best festival i've ever been to (having now done Leeds, V and Glastonbury). The BBC coverage doesn't even get close to doing it justice.

For those who watched on TV. Springsteen was shocking. 2 1/2 hours on stage and no "born in the USA" what's that about? The guy's just released a greatest hits album over here and he played 4 songs from it....makes no sense to me. People were leaving in their droves fighting to get over to Franz Ferdinand (something the BBC coverage was unable to show).

Highlights for me....Rolf Harris on the Saturday playing to 80,000 people. Maximo Park (both times) even though their second set clashed with Kasabian and meant that they were playing to a somewhat meagre crowd. Golden Oldies Sunday....Tom Jones, great singalong on a nice sunny afternoon sipping ice cold cider....Status Quo, another set full of classic tunes, great for a singalong and daft dancing....Tony Christie, only really worth seeing for Amarillo, but well worth going to. The Ting Tings, massive crowd, quality music. Missed the Specials sadly, heard most of the set though, sounded amazing.

Best band of the weekend....without a shadow of a doubt.... Madness. Great set, plenty of classic madness with some new stuff thrown in, got the whole crowd bouncing, from those at the very front right to the very very back at the top of the hill, truly awesome.

For those who try to say that Glastonbury has lost something....try actually going? Best festival around by miles, you can take your own beer, and not pay the OTT bar prices, great bands, so much to do aside from bands...and as some of you have mentioned about nobody being pissed up, I can assure you that was not the case. Sadly I guess you all believe what you see on the BBC.

Christ the lineup, especially "headliners" was a little shite though. I went to V last year and I'm going again this year. If I found the headliners to be Franz Ferdinand, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young etc i'd be unimpressed.

Just looking at the 3 main stages for V and there's some pretty decent bands playing (obviously there's some shite, but you'd expect that)

Arena Stage

2 Many DJs
Calvin Harris
Happy Mondays
The Saturdays
Will Young

MGMT
Lady Gaga
The Streets
Human League
Lemar
Natalie Imbruglia
Alesha Dixon
Daniel Merriweather

4 Music Stage

Fatboy Slim
Pendulum
The Ting Tings
The Wombats
The Noisettes
Red Light Company

Keane
The Enemy
Paolo Nutini
Katy Perry
Dizzee Rascal
Athlete
The Proclaimers
The King Blues

V Stage

The Killers
Razorlight
The Specials
Lily Allen
The Script
Taylor Swift
Starsailor

Oasis
Snow Patrol
Elbow
James
Biffy Clyro
James Morrison
Ocean Colour Scene

I'm likely to be spending most of my Saturday at the V stage (the last list mentioned)

if i only had one bullet to polish off that lot
i'd kill myself

perpetrators of multiple crimes against art most of em

I do have to agree Matty,

V has the best lineup this year of the three main festivals, sadly I booked my tickets as "early bird" so gambled on the lineups. Guess which one of the three I chose not to go to as i did it last year? That's right...V, truly gutted :-(

Glasto isn't just about bands and headliners! It's huge. I go to Leeds every year too, only been to V once, but you could fit about 15 V's on the Glasto site and it's amazing at every turn, stuff going on through the night.

It really is about more than the main bands, you could go to Glasto and never see a band, it would still be unbelievable.

Just watched my recording of Saturday night. Lady Gaga was miming! It's supposed to be fuckin live, not a top of the pops presentation. Neil Young knocked spots off the lot of them. I'm glad he found something to do after quitting footie.

Bon Iver up on the beeb

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2009/artists/boniver/index.shtml#emp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2009/a ... .shtml#emp</a>

mcfc28 said:
Glasto isn't just about bands and headliners! It's huge. I go to Leeds every year too, only been to V once, but you could fit about 15 V's on the Glasto site and it's amazing at every turn, stuff going on through the night.

It really is about more than the main bands, you could go to Glasto and never see a band, it would still be unbelievable.

Anybody who refers to Glastonbury as "Glasto" should be fed to pigs with swine flu whilst still alive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.