Good article on Toure by Howard Hockin

I said on Twitter earlier that Hockin may be the finest City commentator out there. He consistently writes excellent articles with a sense of humour, and is fantastic at taking the media to task for their sensationalism and hypocrisy.

A good blog. I've never known a player who tips both ends of the scale in terms of strengths and weaknesses in tandem. And I like the fact that he's nailed that irritating, group-think fan cliche "he's lazy". He isn't. He's just got no mobility over short distances.

Saturday showed what Ya Ya's role can and should be from now on, if his ego will allow it. A player to be used sparingly to keep him fresh and not expose him to runners.

I think when mp's bum gets twitchy in the run in he will play him as usual, through fear more than anything,when pep gets here is when it'll get interesting
That is a worry. Until the last week or so Yaya has been mismanaged for over a year IMO, it wouldn't be the biggest surprise if that happens again at some point between now and the summer.

That is a worry. Until the last week or so Yaya has been mismanaged for over a year IMO, it wouldn't be the biggest surprise if that happens again at some point between now and the summer.
I agree,he has not been managed well since the first few games when he was great then looked knacked,i just don't think mp will be able to resist playing him in every game from the start as we get near the end,of course if yaya gives it maximum effort for every minute it will pay off

A good article. Toure needs men like Barry in his midfield. If we had Barry at 26 years or so, with Fernandinho and Toure in midfield for some games we'd be laughing. If if if :(

If Pellegrini keeps playing yaya every week we are in danger of not winning anything. It's as big a decision as that to me.

A good blog. I've never known a player who tips both ends of the scale in terms of strengths and weaknesses in tandem. And I like the fact that he's nailed that irritating, group-think fan cliche "he's lazy". He isn't. He's just got no mobility over short distances.

Saturday showed what Ya Ya's role can and should be from now on, if his ego will allow it. A player to be used sparingly to keep him fresh and not expose him to runners.

Not sure about that just yet. He still has plenty more to offer and is the guy who gives our midfield control. I rate both Fernandinho and Delph but neither of them can draw two men on them and still keep the ball. Yaya can do that and create space for others. On top of that he is capable of moments of brilliance like against Arsenal and Watford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.