Good news: City ready to spend big again

I realize my previous suggestion may have been enraged some of you all, but I would honestly love seeing that team play. If that team was allowed to develop and the players actually improve year by year, unlike what is going on right now, then the latter stages of the Champions League could be within City's sights in a few years along with some more additions. What probably ticked you off the most was the seemingly lower quality of the transfer targets, but I honestly don't think City are going to get any of their top targets. Nevertheless, here is what I would do in an ideal world:

(prices in £)

OUT:
Demichelis - free
Boyata - 1 mil
Nastasic - 9 mil
Richards - free
Kolarov - 5 mil
Sagna - free
Yaya Toure - 15 mil
Lampard - free
Milner - free
Sinclair - 3 mil
Jovetic - 18 mil
Guidetti - 4 mil
Dzeko - 14 mil
Negredo - 22 mil

IN:
Rekik - end loan
Ricardo Rodriguez - 25 mil
Alderweireld - 12 mil
Clyne - 12 mil
Pogba - 30 mil + Jovetic
Koke - 40 mil
Lopes - end loan
Sanson - 5 mil
Sterling - 30 mil
Iheanacho - end loan

NET SPEND: +76 mil

TEAM:
Hart (Caballero, Wright)
Zabaleta (Clyne) - Kompany (Alderweireld) - Mangala (Rekik) - Rodriguez (Clichy)
Pogba (Fernandinho) - Koke (Fernando)
Sterling (Navas) - Silva (Lopes) - Nasri (Sanson)
Aguero (Bony, Iheanacho)

- Morgan Sanson is a beast and can play anywhere across midfield and the wings, so he is like a younger version of James Milner. I would have him just as a utility player.
- This team might anger some of you diehard Brits, but I would actually enjoy watching this team play as opposed to the ancient and lethargic team that sets foot on the pitch today.

Since everyone seems to be going for a Fm approach and I'm bored I thought I'll give it a go.

Out:
Cabellero* - 3m
Sagna - 5m
Kolarov - 8m
Nastasic* - 7m
Yaya* - 20m
Lampard* - free
Milner* - free
Nasri - 20m
Dzeko* - 15m
Jovetic - 20m
= £98m

In
Tom Heaton* - 5m (Burnley aren't gonna be asking for very much especially if they get relegated)
Kurzawa - 15m ( Wolfsburg want 28m for R.Rodriguez and that's too much for a lb for me, Kurzawa is very able as well)
Clyne - 20m ( add to Hg quota and would be a long term successor for Zaba)
Denayer or Rekik* - free (Don't care which one, both are ready in my opinion)
Pogba* - 55m (would be a long term replacement for Yaya, got everything, likely to leave this summer or next)
Kondogbia* - 20m (great at breaking play up, what we need in champs league)
Reus - 40m (would take him over Sterling and Bale cause he plays on the left, Navas can do a job on the right, can also play upfront)
Marcos Lopes* - free ( can be replacement for Milner, shown he's good enough to play a part)
Thierry Ambrose - free ( 3rd choice striker, would've played him when we had no strikers fit, scored lots of goals for eds)
= £135m
Net spend of £37m
(The players with the * next to them are transfers I think we have to do this summer, the rest we can wait a season)

With that our team would look like this:

Hart (Heaton)
Zabaleta (Clyne)
Kompany (Demichelis)
Mangala (Denayer/Rekik)
Clichy (Kurzawa)

Pogba (Kondogbia)
Silva (Pogba)
Fernandinho (Fernando)

Reus (Silva)
Aguero (Bony, Ambrose)
Navas (Lopes)

Actually after doing that I might go get Football Manager ;)

It s quite amazing that considering the season we have had so far and the amount of goals we have shipped this season, everyone is just considering to strengthen the midfield and attacking options.

We also need to reinforce the defence this summer especially at RB and LB

BlueMoonz1977 said:
It s quite amazing that considering the season we have had so far and the amount of goals we have shipped this season, everyone is just considering to strengthen the midfield and attacking options.

Not true though, a lot of people have mentioned Clyne or Kurzawa/Gaya for the RB and LB positions at least on the future signings thread. As for CB, I think some of the youngsters can be given a chance for those roles.

Some of the lists are too fanciful.. in reality I think we're looking at 3-5 players each going both directions IN/OUT this summer. Positions we need to strengthen most are CDM, wingers and then LB/RB.

Goalkeepers.
Hart, Gunn, Wright.

Defenders.
RB - Zabba, Clyne (£15M)
LB - Clichy, Kurzawa (£12M)
CB - Kompany, Mangala, MDM, Denayer, Verane (£25M)

Midfielders.
AM - Silva, Navas, Barker.
CM - Koke (£48M) Pogba (£60M), Zucilini.
DM - Fernandinho, Fernando.

Forwards.
Aguero, Bony, Lacazette (£21M) Pozo, De Bruyne (£30M)

Total OUT £211M

Total IN £126M

Total NETT £85M

Players OUT:
Toure £25M
Dzeko £18M
Negredo £25M
Nasri £18M
Jovetic £15M
Kolarov £7M
Nastasic £8M
Ricards £2M
boyata Free
Sagna Free
Milner Free
Lampard Free
Sinclair £2M
Guidetti £3
Caballero £3

BlueMoonz1977 said:

I would argue that sorting out our DM and CM properly will do a world of good to our defence

BlueMoonz1977 said:

Get your midfield and style of play right and you can manage with an average defence. Just look at Barca, Madrid and Munich.
Spend big in midfield and maybe Lacazette up front. Bring the kids through for defensive replacements plus the return of Lopez.

BlueMoonz1977 said:

We need upgrades in left and right back but overall its coaching that the defence needs, also the coaching between the midfield and defence so that there isn't so much space between them.

I think in midfield we lack that real solid holding midfielder and not just someone who breaks up attacks, but someone who can tick the team and make passes all over the place.

I think Yaya needs to be moved on as well as his lack of mobility and work-rate off the ball is shocking at times and for as good as he can be it costs us in the really big games, you can't have passengers at the very elite of world football now, no matter what brilliance they can occasionally conjure up.

]Goalkeepers.
Hart, Gunn, Wright.

Defenders.
RB - Zabba, Clyne
LB - Clichy, rodriguez
CB - Kompany, Mangala, hummels, Denayer,

Midfielders.
AM - Silva, lopes, Barker.
CM - Koke ? Barkley , yaya.
DM - Fernandinho, Fernando.

Forwards.
Aguero, Bony, Pozo, bale

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.