great painting of what was on the etihad ground

ancoats

view painting of hulme hall lane
ipqgyg.jpg

I always thought that the ground is partly on where Phillips Park Road was, can anyone confirm this ?
Think you are right, although my memory may not be perfect. What was Forge Lane, became Alan Turing Way. Phillips Park Rd used to run off to the right where Johnson Wireworks was on the right hand side, and Bradford Pit on the left, the ground is where the wire works was. I'm sure there s and old photo of the site on the Etihad campus thread

Think you are right, although my memory may not be perfect. What was Forge Lane, became Alan Turing Way. Phillips Park Rd used to run off to the right where Johnson Wireworks was on the right hand side, and Bradford Pit on the left, the ground is where the wire works was. I'm sure there s and old photo of the site on the Etihad campus thread
I thought Forge Lane was the road directly opposite Grey Mare Lane..... so if driving up Grey Mere Lane and crossed over Ashton New Road, you were onto Forge Lane that became Hulme Hall Lane. Or do I have that wrong?
Alan Turing Way was a new road I'm sure....

I thought Forge Lane was the road directly opposite Grey Mare Lane..... so if driving up Grey Mere Lane and crossed over Ashton New Road, you were onto Forge Lane that became Hulme Hall Lane. Or do I have that wrong?
Alan Turing Way was a new road I'm sure....

From memory it did come out opposite Mill St, but was re routed and widened to become Alan Turing Way, and Phillips Park Rd came out further down, Ashton New Rd

Last edited:
I always thought that the ground is partly on where Phillips Park Road was, can anyone confirm this ?

nope looking at that picture and my memory there was a run off road on to ashton new road that was called phillips park road and the big towers was on the other side and on the Etihad side

also if you look at the bridge to the right side there is road walk to the big gas tower and the little run off road was to the left side I remember walking up it many times also the river was still there and went under the road

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.