Guardiola fined £20,000 for wearing yellow ribbon (p140)

I can't say that I am comfortable with the whole ribbon situation, with regard to our fans.
I understand Peps reasons for wearing it and I believe he should be allowed to, however once his actions hinder his ability to manage the club it becomes a real issue.
The issues are close to Peps heart but I cringe when I see our fans wearing the ribbon, the vast majority of the fans wearing a ribbon are doing so to support Pep which is not the right reason.

I came on to see if the various indignant criticisms of Pep’s stance on the yellow ribbon (vis-a-vis our ownership and the UAE political state) currently coming back in to media fold had yet been mentioned on this thread. And, of course, they have.

I agree with @SWP's back, @aguero93:20, @Prestwich_Blue, and others: although the regimes are different (and the argument could be made UAE is much more authoritarian) you could easily make the same or similar arguments about UK, US, Israeli, and many other politic states and ownerships. That is not whataboutism, it is a reasoned critique of the seeming focus on the regime our owners operate within and ignorance to the other regimes the other ownerships operate in. The criticisms also ignore the political trends within the UAE (actually positive) and the fact that you cannot make wholesale changes to political, economic, and social systems over night (without some fairly unsavoury consequences, anyway—we and the Americans have plenty of experience with that, after all). Not to mention that ownership of this type helps to disseminate democratic, open market values/policies and further marginalise extremist elements within regimes—you will never effect positive change by walling off the rest of the world you do not agree with.

Take it from someone who works fairly closely with large conglomerates based in the UK, US, Spain, France, Germany, and Israel: they manipulate and capitalise on their own regimes and could have plenty to answer for if we called upon that element of their operations (and some are being challenged on just that right now, actually).

Willful ignorance is more dangerous than stupidity.

I can't say that I am comfortable with the whole ribbon situation, with regard to our fans.
I understand Peps reasons for wearing it and I believe he should be allowed to, however once his actions hinder his ability to manage the club it becomes a real issue.
The issues are close to Peps heart but I cringe when I see our fans wearing the ribbon, the vast majority of the fans wearing a ribbon are doing so to support Pep which is not the right reason.

It's an individual decision for anyone to make about wearing a ribbon or not, if it makes you uncomfortable or cringe that's your problem. Who are you to decide what is the right reason for people choosing to wear a ribbon.

I wore it to support Peps right to wear it. I think most others did too.

Free speech is being able to say what you want, when you want, with almost impunity. That doesn’t exist in Britain. Now, voting and allowing “political discussion” is generally accepted, but real freedom of speech is something else. That no longer exists in PC Britain. Sorry.

No it isn't. Freedom of speech restricts the state from intervening before the fact - before you have spoken. You cannot be arrested imprisoned or hindered for what you are about to say. Once you have spoken the laws of the land come in to force and you can be hauled before a court and found guilty of slander, sedition, treason, blasphey, lewdness, disorder and a whole number of other things.

Fortunately for Pep, saying rich c*nts shouldn't have to pay for poor c*nts but the rich c*nts shoulds till be able to get hand outs from other c*nts isn't illegal. If it was every Tory in Braitain would be locked up.

So, Pep, it appears that some Spanish diplomat has whinged to this government, who've asked the FA to 'sort' you out.
It seems obvious to me, just tell the FA, get those lads out of jail and back home, then ribbon comes off.
They've actually highlighted the whole situation to more than the footballing world, daft twats

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.