Guardiola fined £20,000 for wearing yellow ribbon (p140)

I can't say that I am comfortable with the whole ribbon situation, with regard to our fans.
I understand Peps reasons for wearing it and I believe he should be allowed to, however once his actions hinder his ability to manage the club it becomes a real issue.
The issues are close to Peps heart but I cringe when I see our fans wearing the ribbon, the vast majority of the fans wearing a ribbon are doing so to support Pep which is not the right reason.

They may be doing it because Pep has highlighted an on going problem that is taking place in a supposed democatic country but if they are doing it simply to support Pep what is the problem ?

It's an individual decision for anyone to make about wearing a ribbon or not, if it makes you uncomfortable or cringe that's your problem. Who are you to decide what is the right reason for people choosing to wear a ribbon.

Maybe I didn't express it the way I meant it, You are 100% correct in saying it is an individuals decision if they choose to wear a ribbon or not. I have no issue with people wearing the ribbon if they understand the context to it and sympathise with the plight of the people affected as is clearly the case with Pep, I will defend anyone's right to stand up for and voice their own opinion and can also understand people wanting to show support for Pep. However I don't agree with people wanting to wear a ribbon purely because they have a beef with the FA.

Put it this way, say it was PEG or Klopp wearing the ribbon instead of Pep how many of our fans would be wearing a yellow ribbon at our next match?

Yep. The Catalunya thing really isn't about money, it's about culture, language and self determination.

Partly true, but there's an underlying feeling from Barcelona/Catalonia region that they "prop up" Spain. A bit like London thinking they subsidise the rest of the UK.

Maybe I didn't express it the way I meant it, You are 100% correct in saying it is an individuals decision if they choose to wear a ribbon or not. I have no issue with people wearing the ribbon if they understand the context to it and sympathise with the plight of the people affected as is clearly the case with Pep, I will defend anyone's right to stand up for and voice their own opinion and can also understand people wanting to show support for Pep. However I don't agree with people wanting to wear a ribbon purely because they have a beef with the FA.

Put it this way, say it was PEG or Klopp wearing the ribbon instead of Pep how many of our fans would be wearing a yellow ribbon at our next match?
pep has said thank you to blues who wore them yesterday,it's supporting him thats what its about,the rapport between manager and fans is crucial i think so as long he doesn't say don't wear them we should keep doing it

I don't have a beef with the FA and I'm not supporting Guardiola. However, I don't agree with anyone being kept in jail without bail or trial, I'm a believer in the right to self determination and in minimal central government and devolution. Am I allowed to wear a ribbon?

I can think of at least a couple on here.

And I would applaud those who did so as they would be doing so after understanding the issues concerned and feeling compelled to take a stand against something they genuinely feel is unjust. I have no issue with this,

Partly true, but there's an underlying feeling from Barcelona/Catalonia region that they "prop up" Spain. A bit like London thinking they subsidise the rest of the UK.
That isn't the reason for the referendum though, is it? If it was down to taxes it would have been sorted a long time ago.

I don't have a beef with the FA and I'm not supporting Guardiola. However, I don't agree with anyone being kept in jail without bail or trial, I'm a believer in the right to self determination and in minimal central government and devolution. Am I allowed to wear a ribbon?

I would wholeheartedly support you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.