Guardiola to Axe Kompany (Various Sources)

It's the right thing to do. There's only so many places in the squad and fitness-wise Kompany isn't worth the risk. Hopefully he eventually becomes a club ambassador of some sort.

Only his fitness could be the reason. He's been an absolute legend for our club. I hope it's bollocks I really do

Face facts he's too brittle. He's been one of the best players of the revolution and my favourite captain ever , but football only holds on for players for so long

Are these the emotions you don't put aside in the Hart thread by chance ?

Kompany is the best defender we have, the same as Hart was the best keeper we had, Hart has has been forced out, Vinny is here and either needs to be playing or sold or released, sitting twiddling his thumbs is a disgrace for a legend like him, risk him if he breaks down then put a sub on, that is what they are there for, you still have two more to use with 7 minutes left.

As for those saying if he breaks down he will be harder to sell, it is hardly like we need the money or the likes of Bridge, Adebadbuy etc etc left the club in profit as they walked out of the door, I would prefer VK to have a go at staying fit or be allowed to leave/retire with some dignity.
Well said mate,well said

Pep says that Vinnie is going off to the national team for "some minutes". I wonder if that is a test to see if Vinnie's fitness is on the up - I sincerely hope so.

Pep says that Vinnie is going off to the national team for "some minutes". I wonder if that is a test to see if Vinnie's fitness is on the up - I sincerely hope so.

That is the way I'm interpreting it also, plus as much as Pep is trying to protect Vinny from the media it's becoming obvious he can't trust him in the team at the moment.

Yes legend and its s shame but I stopped thinking about Kompany as an actual playing member of the squad a while ago now
I think his future is pretty much decided but not being put out for reasons we don't know
Feel if top 4 is secure with couple of games to go he might play at home, go through the motions and complete 90 mins or maybe late sub to get ovation and goodbye but does anyone want to see him hobble off v Liverpool Sunday fighting back tears

You're comparing apples and oranges there though mate. Kompany can't play left back.
I meant then that kolorov would play left back.
I mean really you could put John there and play Ottamendi with Vinny. Zab the right back.ten times the defence we have now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.