Guardiola's best signing?

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Said the person who hasn't had a holiday in a while :)
I reckon I am one of the last people to have one on here.

I went skiing in Austria first week of March 2020. Came back and within 2 weeks all European resorts were closed and we were in lockdown.

But yeah, holidays abroad are overrated in my opinion, there’s plenty on our glorious island.

I reckon I am one of the last people to have one on here.

I went skiing in Austria first week of March 2020. Came back and within 2 weeks all European resorts were closed and we were in lockdown.

But yeah, holidays abroad are overrated in my opinion, there’s plenty on our glorious island.
I beat you coz i went to Italy, Switzerland in August 2020. I like the rain as much as the next manc but you say you'll give me 80 degree sunshine everyday and I'll snap your fucking hands off.

I beat you coz i went to Italy, Switzerland in August 2020. I like the rain as much as the next manc but you say you'll give me 80 degree sunshine everyday and I'll snap your fucking hands off.
Fair play.

Not for me mate. I like the good mixture we get.

My Spanish ex pointed out to me that when it’s sunny in Britain it’s stunning compared to her country, as it’s so green, which obviously comes from the rain we get.

Anyway we’re well off topic haha.

Nolito and Mahrez have been the worst signings for me.

Wish we’d saved Mahrez’ fee and had bid for Haaland or Harry Kane, with that money going towards it.

Tough to narrow it down to 5, but I've gone with

Ederson - Perfect for our system, capable of making big saves too. Cost half as much as Kepa and Alisson.

Gundogan - 20 million an absolute bargain, this seasons performances get him higher up the list.

Bernardo - 43 million was a steal at the time and he dragged us to the league title in 2018/19.

Jesus - 27 million, an incredible deal. A key part of our attack in the centurions season in particular, his numbers are fantastic. New contract needed ASAP.

Laporte - 12 months ago he would have been at the top of this list with Eddie, but he's struggled for fitness and form. Still, a world class player and a very good signing, considering we almost ended up with Jonny Evans. Another one crucial to 2018/19's success.

Honourable mention: Walker - Despite his limitations he has been crucial to this side since arriving, and was almost certainly the best all round right back in Europe for a period. The best player we could have possibly got, so kudos to Txiki for paying the money when others would have baulked.

Only reason I've not gone for Dias is because he hasn't won anything yet. Sane doesn't make it because we should have got 100m more for him, unfortunately.

By the way, Zinchenko is missing from the list. Signed in Pep's first transfer window and played in his first pre-season, he definitely counts and I dare say he may get a few votes considering what we paid for him.

1. Ederson was transformative.

2. Dias also seems transformative. Is that even a word?

3. Steffan - New i know but it took ages to get the right second keeper so credit now its done

4. Bernardo but went off the boil for a long while but has always given his all.

5. Walker even though I've been extremely critical of him at times. But to be fair he's more often an asset than not.

6. Gundogan same.

7. I loved Sane but his temperament drags him way down ghe list.

8. Cancelo is climbing up the list.

9. As is Torres. He is a simple player and I love that.

10. Zinchenko. Just read that he was a Pep signing. Maybe should be higher on the list. I love him most times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.