Guardiola's best signing?

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant pick any many because they've not been consistent over a long period.

I can see what you mean and I'll explain why I "agree but disagree" in a moment :)

These players have been consistent enough to break all known English records, win multiple Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup and Community Shield trophies. They've also played the absolute greatest football ever seen in England since football was invented.

I'm not saying that they've been perfect players, but this season has shown that the manager is a visionary who creates systems of play that no other player has played before. In the past, managers would play 442, 433 etc and players could be signed and slip into a shirt and know the position. However, Pep isn't like that. He has done things like changed the role of a goalkeeper - you have to be as good as Silva was on the ball now. Unthinkable 5 years ago. He has also made full backs - once a bit of a "donkey" postiion, into one of the most important positions on the pitch. And other great managers like Klopp are following his ideas. There is a reason Klopp blasted the world record from £37m to £75m for a goalkeeper - Pep changed how goalkeepers now play.

Pep has in the last 2 months created a system that hasn't even got a formation, a name or anything. This season we're seeing something new - we are now changing the idea that full backs play as full backs! I've no idea what position Cancelo and Zinchenko are any more! We sometimes don't even play with strikers and win games at a canter. Imagine if you'd had said 10 years ago that you don't need Aguero, that full backs should be more like central midfielders and that a goalkeeper should be as good as one of the finest midfielders with the ball at his feet - you'd be laughed at. Pep changes everything and is the greatest manager of all time, bar none.

Given that Pep changes the system, stretches all concepts of football, it's not too surprising that some players need some time to adapt and their form drops. But when they do, it's simply the greatest football we'll ever see :)

Last edited:
I went straight for Ederson, Dias, Silva and Sane (he was class, I know it didn’t work out but I voted for him on ability and many great performances). I really struggled with the 5th and was torn by Gundogan (great at the moment but not so for a long time), Walker (fitted a slot very well, limited but great if used the right way and the game suits him), Laporte (class, but pushed out of the picture by Dias plus the odd annoying important goals were conceded) and Cancelo (really coming into his own recently as he adjusted to Pep’s game-plan, maybe 12 months from now he would get my vote). In the end I felt Walker had done more for us so I plumbed for him.

Great thread.

The majority have won everything nationally and there’s a chance that the new lads will get something this season.

Need more than 5 choices, when you win shit it’s all about the squad.

Fuck me your a miserable git. These are some of the most disrespectful ratings I’ve seen.

Gündogan and Dias at 6? Cancelo, Stones and Bernardo 5s? Rodri a 4? Steffen THREE? (What? did he fuck your girlfriend or something?)

You do realise a forum is about debate and opinions right?

Maybe before making yourself a complete twat, ask your parents to read your posts before posting.

Imagine if you'd had said 10 years ago that you don't need Aguero, that full backs should be more like central midfielders and that a goalkeeper should be as good as one of the finest midfielders with the ball at his feet - you'd be laughed at.
Yes 10 years ago you'd be laughed at. These days you'd be told you're a piece of scum and to go drown yourself.

Great Post btw. Agree with it all.

Ederson
Bernardo Silva
Walker
Laporte
Sane
Gundogan
Dias
Stones
Jesus
Zinchenko

top 10 imo

Dias is our best signing since KDB for me.

Laporte next but not been great recently when played

Ederson next as 1. It got rid of Bravo 2. He is pivotal to the way we play.

worst three

Bravo
Mahrez
Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.