Guns n Roses

Its easy to slag a band off 30 years after they first came out and after everyone imitated them, i bet at the time they were amazing. Can't listen to them anymore now though, been overplayed to death

Thats the thing though they probably have been overplayed to death but i never took any notice, so im discovering them only now.

Appetite for Destruction, Illusion 1 and 2 are brilliant albums. It's just a pity that Axl went all Lady Gaga as he was/ is a fantastic front man. As he proved on the recent ACDC tour.

Have a soft spot for 'November Rain' it was early 90s and I was getting pissed off with the continuous shit weather in the UK and was in a heavy relationship that I felt suffocated in...Listened to the lyrics and when Axl says 'it's hard to hold a candle in the cold November rain' he was spot on so I assumed he knew what he was talking about and got tickets to South Africa for 6 months, best bit of advice I ever got!

"Take me down to the paradise City where the grass is green and the girls are pretty".

Who in the name of the fuck wrote that fucking nonsense? Justin beavers little sister?
Don't see out wrong with that. Works very well for the song.

It's not the original lyrics penned down either.

"Take me down to Manchester City where the grass is green and the girls are pretty".

Who in the name of the fuck wrote that fucking nonsense? Justin beavers little sister?

What the feck's wrong with that ????

What the feck's wrong with that ????

Come on now. It's fucking ridiculous. It had to have been some kind of inside joke.
Probably one of their 7 year old daughters wrote it.

I'll stop slagging them now because they obviously have a lot of fans. I just never liked them from the start.
Maybe it's an age thing because nobody I knew that was my age at the time listened to them.
My sister is five years younger and she and all her friends were into them. Along with Twisted sister, Rat, Poison, Bon jovi and all the rest of those bands.
At the same time that GNR were coming out so was Janes Addiction, Nine inch Nails, Faith no more etc. which were more my taste.
I'll leave all the fans to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.