Rough Sleepers Set Up Camp at 7/7 Memorial

if you think greed is irrelevant then you don't see the bigger picture, which is that we as a society in general are probably more inclined to be bothered about ourselves than others.
it's a selfish me me me society and we both live in it, thus contribute to it.

I personally choose to help feed the homeless, I've spent many hours feeding the homeless directly in Manchester, clothing, providing shelter and so on.
Some of the people I have helped I've seen weeks later in the MEN committing petty crimes such as theft, in such desperation to feed themselves and or sadly pay for addictions which is an health issue - not a criminal issue and needs addressing accordingly.

if you became addicted to alcohol right now and was dependant on it without any needs to fund your addiction... would you want me to arrest you, prosecute you, and sent to strangeways or help you by admitting you into hospital for treatment and detoxification?

Sadly most people end up going through the Legal system and end up with a string of convictions due to their addictions and thus end up lifelong homeless.

Funny, how much the private Prison system makes in revenue and how many people it keeps employed including the CPS.

7/7 bombings were atrocious and this monument needs to be maintained but I'm just highlighting why there are homeless people out there in our society and why they need rehousing.

if you disagree, PM right now and we'll go out tonight in Manchester Centre and meet some homeless people.

Well put fella.

what the fuck are they doing over here,fuck them off,they come to this country with fuck all and we should feel sorry for them because they cant get a proper bed,well fuck off back home to your own fucking beds,ive no problem with anybody coming to this country as long as they can support themselves,and add something to our society ,

Having walked through the Marble Arch tunnels and surrounding areas a lot quite recently I can tell you this...

They are Romany so therefore Gypsies. The Plod move them on most days but they return a while later. I have never seen them harass anyone but they do beg. They seem to be very tidy, as when they have been moved on there is little evidence of them being there.
Gypsies? Well, well, who would have thought it, I've also got a sneaking suspicion they may even be Roumanian, but you never know, they could be homeless ex war veterans who like to dress up in outlandish eastern European gear, so we mustn't pre judge.
It's heartwarming to know that there are many folk willing to assist them using our memorials as toilets, these people need our help.

I'm sure they specifically chose that momument, knowing it was in reference to the 7/7 bombings and thought - hey let's cause some mischief.
Does it matter what the memorial was? I don't speak Spanish, but I still know what a memorial looks like in Spanish. I don't have to know exactly what the memorial is in reference to, to know that it's probably not a good idea to do anything that could be seen as disrespectful. But it's hardly the crime of the century.

But yeah, the bigger problem is that there's a bunch of homeless people in the park in the first place.

Does it matter what the memorial was? I don't speak Spanish, but I still know what a memorial looks like in Spanish. I don't have to know exactly what the memorial is in reference to, to know that it's probably not a good idea to do anything that could be seen as disrespectful. But it's hardly the crime of the century.

But yeah, the bigger problem is that there's a bunch of homeless people in the park in the first place.
There's always been homeless people in that area. Usually it's drunk winos kipping down for the night as it's quite warm in the underpasses. You also see a lot of charities there during the evening, doling out food etc etc.

According to most official facts this country doesn't have a homeless problem in it's cities.

Sorted then.

There's always been homeless people in that area. Usually it's drunk winos kipping down for the night as it's quite warm in the underpasses. You also see a lot of charities there during the evening, doling out food etc etc.

According to most official facts this country doesn't have a homeless problem in it's cities.

Sorted then.
Yeah, funny how it only becomes a story when it's foreign-looking homeless people.

Is my Sarcasm alert off right now? apologies if so as I didn't go to sleep until 6am, out doing security for Street Angels in Manchester (a group, primarily women who go out and feed/cloth the homeless at night)

My views are based on having seen an ever increasing homeless issue in this country hands on. Myself I'm only able to be posting on here as I'm currently living back at my Mothers.
I can't afford rent even when I was being paid full time I couldn't afford the rent... Well I did but I was hardly ever in the fucking home anyway due to work and had nothing in the home as I couldn't afford it. Mortgage lenders wouldn't go near me on crappy wages.

Season ticket at City? having a laugh.

Some members on here are the greedy who already own an home and decided to buy more properties to rent out.
Yes it is their legal right to do so, they simply took advantage of the system.
But it has left many people in my position - no home, living with family/friends - due to the over inflated rental costs of properties.

I have been offered council housing, well a flat, but this has been in rough areas of Greater Manchester where the guy living below me was a drug addict.
Another neighbour had special brew for his breakfast.
I'm not daft, this guy would know I'd be out everyday at work and this would give him an opportunity to break into this flat and steal my possessions.

The average crime rate in these areas is vastly more than the crime rate where my Mother lives, which is one of the lowest in the North West.

I know where I'd rather live, and luckily she allows me to live here.

There is decent council housing but from my experience these properties tend to go to the more vulnerable such as families with children, sick/elderly and so on.

A single guy, no kids... fuck him, he can sleep in a tent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.