Happy St George's Day

I’m an immigrant to England and am offended by people who think I’ll be offended if they celebrate it.

Whilst I live in the Scouse not English enclave of Merseyside (they do say that), I’m yet to notice any indication it’s England’s day and I think that’s really sad.

The flag has been hijacked by racist arseholes sadly and a lot of people don't want to be tarred with that brush, me included.

I miss Psychedelic Casual, he used to remind us plebs that St George was Turkish (actually) every year.

He was a good poster. Anyone know why he disappeared? Did he just realize there are better ways to spend your time than on Bluemoon?
i asked the very same question about him 2 days ago,
but nobody seems to know why he went away.

no worries.
here's some more paintings to cheer you up :)

007510.jpg

61G7gOyGtjL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Bernat_Martorell_-_Saint_George_Killing_the_Dragon_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

gustave-moreau-st-george-and-dragon-1889-90-oil-canvas-555-x-379-141-x-965-cm-national-gallery.jpg

peter-paul-rubens-st-george-fighting-dragon-c-1605-07-oil-canvas-122-101-309-257-cm-museo-del-prado.jpg
As top predators, dragons would have been invaluable to the natural balance. That bloke in the bling didn't just kill a fascinating and rare creature, he probably destroyed a whole ecosystem.

Last edited:
Happy Saint George’s Day. Happy Shakespeare’s birthday. Happy Shakespeare’s death day. And happy anniversary to me and my missus.
I’m on the train to Stratford Upon Avon to celebrate all of the above … any excuse for a piss-up for me!
I’m hoping to also be celebrating a Chelsea win later, but not sure if I’ll stilll be celebrating our anniversary when the missus realises the footy is on TV ;-)

A proper knees up followed by a formal knees up, lovely stuff.

Must be a nightmare day for some on here, but just drink it in.

Last edited:
As top ptedators, dragons would have been invaluable to the natural balance. That bloke in the bling didn't just kill a fascinating and rare creature, he probably destroyed a whole ecosystem.
and all for the love of a woman.
princess sabra.

Last edited by a moderator:
sabra was well fit.

this is her being taken out to the dragon as a sacrifice
(by edward burne-jones)
Burne_%2CPrincess_Sabra_Led_to_the_Dragon.jpg

this is when she married george after he saved her
(by dante gabriel rossetti)
the-wedding-of-saint-george-and-princess-sabra-1857.jpg!Large.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.