Has it been a good/poor season?

I can live with City not winning. That’s fine, but for me this has been the poorest season yet for football.

I think football has shown itself up. It has revealed the true nature of it’s institutions.
I do think although we seem to have won our latest battle with UEFA, the true depth of the damage done to us and the continued reinterpretation of the decision in the media, shows the real war that is going on.

Football is a horrible business that I really fell out of love with this year.
Our season was poor by our standards and I do think we have regressed, but the nature of the fight against us, off the playing field, has taken it’s toll on my enjoyment of the game.

2 trophies, 2nd in the league, semi final of fa cup, quarter final of champions league, we would have killed for that 10 years ago. I know we have moved on since then but lets not become like the rags and the dippers and think we are just entitled to win everything.

The media have had it in for us since the takeover for whatever reason and are always looking to find a negative in every story about City including our own local newspaper. We aren't the media darlings like the rags or the dippers and aren't managed by the media darlings Mourinho or Klopp.

It has been a heavy going season for all concerned, these my thoughts in general;

BOARD

Battle with UEFA @CAS has been so demanding with the club taking a battering as Far as media coverage was concerned.

Lost revenue due to Covid-19 and uncertainty of CAS case possibly.

MANAGEMENT

Pep lost his assistant to one the clubs who did their best with others to damage our club.

Pep lost his mother during Covid and his went went back to attend to business needs in Barcelona.

New assistant manager appointed who has very little command of English at the moment.

We won the community shield and League Cup.

PLAYERS

We missed Vincent and lacked a leader amongst the playing staff. We are now a team full of nice and pretty guys, we need some right cunts in this team to let opposition know that we are ready for football or a scrap with they want it.

Spanish Dave playing his last season.

Losing the league in the way we did was shocking simply because Pep has raised so much expectations from us as a club.

Sergio not really had a run of games this season.

Gabby did his best but, he is not on the same level as Sergio

Rodri, God bless the lad, he now know what on earth the premier League is all about and I wish him all the best.

FANS

Can't speak for everyone, but this CAS case really got to me. As much as I tried to avoid the media stuff but it kept on coming up and it got me down and took some joy out of the game for me. I felt physical sick on the morning of 13 July 2020.

Covid stopping play and impacting the world and economy was/is huge blow.

VERDICT

Taking all the mitigating circumstances into account I will say it's been one round too many for us this season. We have been fighting on and off the field but still won 2 trophies . We need to rest, recharge ourselves after all, we are only human.

It’s been a rollercoaster of a season, of highs and lows. Typified by beating Madrid away but also losing to Norwich.

Its been a good season but could of been fantastic one. The opportunity was there but we couldn’t take it.

2 trophies, 2nd in the league, semi final of fa cup, quarter final of champions league, we would have killed for that 10 years ago. I know we have moved on since then but lets not become like the rags and the dippers and think we are just entitled to win everything.
you get no prizes for coming second,after the last two season we have regressed badly

It has been a heavy going season for all concerned, these my thoughts in general;

BOARD

Battle with UEFA @CAS has been so demanding with the club taking a battering as Far as media coverage was concerned.

Lost revenue due to Covid-19 and uncertainty of CAS case possibly.

MANAGEMENT

Pep lost his assistant to one the clubs who did their best with others to damage our club.

Pep lost his mother during Covid and his went went back to attend to business needs in Barcelona.

New assistant manager appointed who has very little command of English at the moment.

We won the community shield and League Cup.

PLAYERS

We missed Vincent and lacked a leader amongst the playing staff. We are now a team full of nice and pretty guys, we need some right cunts in this team to let opposition know that we are ready for football or a scrap with they want it.

Spanish Dave playing his last season.

Losing the league in the way we did was shocking simply because Pep has raised so much expectations from us as a club.

Sergio not really had a run of games this season.

Gabby did his best but, he is not on the same level as Sergio

Rodri, God bless the lad, he now know what on earth the premier League is all about and I wish him all the best.

FANS

Can't speak for everyone, but this CAS case really got to me. As much as I tried to avoid the media stuff but it kept on coming up and it got me down and took some joy out of the game for me. I felt physical sick on the morning of 13 July 2020.

Covid stopping play and impacting the world and economy was/is huge blow.

VERDICT

Taking all the mitigating circumstances into account I will say it's been one round too many for us this season. We have been fighting on and off the field but still won 2 trophies . We need to rest, recharge ourselves after all, we are only human.

This. All of this. I am exhausted for all the reasons set forth. Personally if we weren't to win the Champions League I am glad its over. Lets all go home, lick our wounds and kick ass next campaign.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.