Has it been a good/poor season?

By everyone else's standards it would be a decent season. The bar has been raised and this year has highlighted our deficiencies. Therefore, for City it has been an under-whelming campaign. However, I think the mitigation has shifted somewhat from the players to the management. Pep's seemingly endless need to tinker, playing people out of position, adopting negative starting line ups and tactics. It all needs addressing with the help of a couple of strong characters on the pitch.

I knew it would not be a great season the day we lost at Norwich. Absolutely unforgivable performance that day showed other teams we were vunerable. Losing both League matches to the Scum and Wolves were not a surprise after that Norwich debacle, we are a soft touch if our attacking players have an off day. We need to add some steel to this team and find a replacement for Vinny to sort the players out in the dressing room.

Last edited:
I knew it would not be a great season the day we lost at Norwich. Absolutely unforgivable performance that day showed other teams we were vunerable. Losing both League matches to the Scum and Wolves were not a surprise after that Norwich debacle we are a soft touch if our attacking players have an off day. We need to add some steel to this team and find a replacement for Vinny to sort the players out in the dressing room.
This all day long. I might add some of our play has been painful to watch. A lot of the zip has gone from our game and we have reverted back to the slow boring shit that generally gets us nowhere. We were lucky half the teams we face were beat before they left the dressing room otherwise we'd have lost more as well. Losing both league games to the rags a real low not that it seems to bother Pep. Losing to fucking Arsenal and Lyon sealed a dreadful end to the Season. If the same culprits are regulars next season expect more of the same.

With Kompany leaving and Fernandinho getting another year older it was always going to be a transitional season. I had hoped, like most of us, that Rodri would come in and improve us in the middle, that we'd sort out the issue at LB etc.

My bigger concern is the fact that based on Liverpool's success in the CL last season, and Bayern's displays this season, athleticism is starting to become more and more important. Bayern have the technical brilliance that Liverpool's middle three lack but they all still run so hard and there's so much quality on the bench. There are weakness in both sides. Liverpool aren't loaded with attacking talent, and Gomez is poor. Bayern had Boateng who just isn't good enough anymore...struggling for another weakness.

Watching our team last night and despite having two more deep-lying midfielders and a back 3 we couldn't cope with a simple ball forwards. We have no pace in the middle of the park. It's been our issue all season. That ball over the top vs. Liverpool and you'd have three CMs busting to get back and the full backs whilst Gomez and Van Dijk are both very quick.

Pundits might say our defending vs. Lyon was awful but actually it was just our lack of pace. The defence needed to drop back so that the ball over the top had to be more precise. Ederson would get to anything too long and our defenders had less area to cover where their lack of pace wouldn't have been so telling. We're crying out for a CB with pace and another CM who can run and hassle the opposition. With the attacking quality we have, they don't need to be a world class passer of the ball, they just need to sprint all game and fill in the gaps.

Good season winning a trophy and 2nd all through a transitional period while the shite down the road has had a transition for 7 years and lauded for it spending a billions and still media want them to splash the cash with glee.

Good season winning a trophy and 2nd all through a transitional period while the shite down the road has had a transition for 7 years and lauded for it spending a billions and still media want them to splash the cash with glee.
It’s been crap. United having a crapper season doesn’t count.

Poor poor poor

that squad knows they have cruised most games this year apart from the obvious players ie
Kevin especially Kevin who single handedly tried to inspire us and make things happen ,Fernadhino played out of position,Aguero injured ,foden lightly used ,David and even Walker tried his best imo.

Title defense over by xmas

Losing so many games to shite,rags home and away ,norwich,fkin norwich took the piss at theirs due to our back 2 at the time,stones and otamendi.

the fa cup semi ,another shocking slow crap performance

very few highs and plenty of big lows including that on saturday, a major blow and low

on par with Pelligrini's last season with us

poor

p1ss poor

We entered 5 competitions; won one of them which began with 92 teams; Won another with only 2 teams entered; finished 2nd in another from 20; top 4 team in the FA Cup out of around 800 teams; confirmed that we’re again a top 8 team in Europe; we gave UEFA, G14 & media a right good spanking at CAS.

So we won 2 out of the 5 competitions we entered & finished 2nd in another.

That’s a great season in my eyes.
Not sure how that could ever be considered poor?

Is this a piss take?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.