Has Manchester lost too many of it's old pubs in town

They have, used to be alright after the match but the last year they have let it go to the dogs.

Maybe it's just because I have spent many a day/night in it the last 20 yrs or so like other pubs now gone that I am just a wee bit sad to see another go.
Or maybe I am just getting old as if in the NQ it tends to be the hairy, turks, smithfield, C&K and fringe I go in, abel is alright bit £3.80 for hyde original is a pisstake imo, but thomas st I ain't enamoured with tbh.
I do like pie n ale and jimmys and a couple of others but feel more at home in the grey horse or city and vine.

Oh I forgot the unicorn lovely old boozer.

The Vine and The City are the best pubs in town. Love the outside of these old pubs. Off on a tour tomorrow afternoon with the good lady. Marble, Angel, Ancoats Lad, Pie and Ale, Gullivers, Rudy's for Pizza, wait in seven brothers for table then to the City and Vine. Maybe the Pev if I have room!

The Vine and The City are the best pubs in town. Love the outside of these old pubs. Off on a tour tomorrow afternoon with the good lady. Marble, Angel, Ancoats Lad, Pie and Ale, Gullivers, Rudy's for Pizza, wait in seven brothers for table then to the City and Vine. Maybe the Pev if I have room!
What about the BM meet up can't you fit that in so we can have some eye candy instead of looking at the ugly fuckers who will be turning up:-)

It's not just the town centre though, Cheetham hill road used to be full of boozers from the Half way house all the way down to the Derby arms on Derby St.

Half way.
Crumpsall.
Robin Hood.
Empress.
Griffin.
Temple.

All of the above have gone, some for the better i suppose.

This is happening all over Britain. People apparently want food and a lovely safe environment for their evenings entertainment. Most small or old boozers I used to drink in are now gone because they can't compete. Do we blame the local council? Nope. Blame people's changing habits, cheap beer in the supermarkets and Breweries putting rents up astronomically. Factor in your love of football and the very high price that Sky charge for the pleasure and you have a winning combination.

Goodbye local boozer and hello shit theme bar over run by faceless twats with stupid hair.

Goodbye local boozer and hello shit theme bar over run by faceless twats with stupid hair.[/QUOTE]

In a fucking nutshell.

Magicpole, post: 10339484, member: 77465"]Goodbye local boozer and hello shit theme bar over run by faceless twats with stupid hair.

In a fucking nutshell.

Yup like a brylcream advert half the time or a bunch of top knot wankers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.