Has the internet made the world a better place?

Like anything, it's how you choose to use it. If you want to use it to educate yourself then it's incredible. Information on anything as fast as you want it. What could be better?

It's certainly made narcissism in society off the scale. Its kind of sad really, you have the greatest media and information access anybody could wish for, you can educate yourself on almost anything you choose, yet most people only use it to post their dinner, stick their arse in their camera or write petty comments to total strangers.

But its the same with things like Facebook, people say "its full of idiots". Don't add idiots to your friends then and you don't need to read them.

On a whole, I think the Internet is probably a good thing, but certainly has its fair share of extreme down sides.
I have a fuckbook page.
I realized not long ago that the same 7 or 8 fuckwits post some kind of boring shite every fucking day. I don't want to unfriend them so I've hidden them. So things are much better now.
I'm only on there as it's a good way of keeping in touch with old mates in the UK. I rarely post anything.
It's good and can be bad.

The internet is the greatest learning tool man has created, BUT it's how it's used that is the deal breaker.

A vast majority simply use it for social media and slagging people off, such a waste.

Yes.

social media. no.
This.

The internet is a great tool but just like any tool whether it be a hammer or a car it is entirely dependent on users and unfortunately the users can use it to do great things or be complete fucking morons and unfortunately a vast percentage have chose it to do the latter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.