Has the internet made the world a better place?

The internet has 100% improved society. But there’s also a dark side that comes with consequences: social media & mental health, dark web and criminality etc

Like anything, it's how you choose to use it. If you want to use it to educate yourself then it's incredible. Information on anything as fast as you want it. What could be better?

It's certainly made narcissism in society off the scale. Its kind of sad really, you have the greatest media and information access anybody could wish for, you can educate yourself on almost anything you choose, yet most people only use it to post their dinner, stick their arse in their camera or write petty comments to total strangers.

But its the same with things like Facebook, people say "its full of idiots". Don't add idiots to your friends then and you don't need to read them.

On a whole, I think the Internet is probably a good thing, but certainly has its fair share of extreme down sides.

Worst invention ever possibly
Political radicalisation etc

There's two ways I look at this. Does the reach of the internet made it easier for politicial radicalisation? Absolutely

But on the flipside it gives us much more opportunity to see various perspectives. Without it, we may just be stuck with TV and newspaper propaganda. Even to this day some people in the world have almost no knowledge of what goes on apart from what their government tells them through limited controlled sources.

radicalisation can happen anywhere, but I believe more access to information is always better than less information and more controlled access to it, generally speaking.

I couldn't even begin to imagine a world without the internet.

No Moon, No online gaming, No home shopping (a massive game changer the e-commerce thingy), No cheap holidays, No free music, No enrichment of the knowledge tree, No you-tube, No DJ audits, No how to DIY youtuber fixes, No IPTV, No Tesco home delivery, No Charlie Veitch, No review sites, No online banking, No online gambling, No death by google advise snippets for the elderly, No Myfitnesspal to log in the cakes and biscuits.

The internet is our window to the outside world, and I'd feel bereaved, bereft and blind without it.

Last edited:
Different for sure, not sure about the "better" part. Anyway many people become very dependent from it, especially those who work 100% online. That is exactly my case and that is the reason i am doing research about 5g signal booster in the uk https://www.uctel.co.uk/signal-boosters/5g-signal-booster these days. Does anyone have one of those? Is it worth it?

Last edited:
If it disappeared we’d be absolutely fucked. We’re as dependent on it as water and electricity now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.