Has this squad cycle run its course

Re: Have this squad cycle run its course

As already mentioned, I think we should be giving the youngsters a chance more.

The likes of Ambrose, Lopes (on loan atm) Pozo etc, all look bright sparks. But in all honesty, I cant see them getting a run in the 1st team any time soon.

The oldest squad is a worrying thing. Its hard for the youths to get a chance with the names they are up against. I thought with the signing of Mangala and Fernando we had balanced out everything and finally had a team to challenge in Europe.

A good question but it cannot be fully answered this season.

Yaya, Sagna, Caballero, Lampard, Demechelis and Wright are the only current squad over the age of 30. I can't see any of these being at City longer than another 2 seasons after today, Yaya I am yet to see what will happen.

Peoples opinions change fast. I remember the uproar when Jose said in 5 years that Chelseas current players will be better off than ours.

Think the squad is okay, but remove Nasri or Silva and our type of football immediately becomes more open and of a lower quality. Our inability to find two players of their ilk has been the failing of the management for three years. We didn't need a plan B, just two more players to ensure we always played plan A.

dom said:
cookster said:
Need to stop buying average squad players and spend big on players who will improve the first team.

We should have built on the 2010/11 title winning team no signing since has had the Wow factor.

Sorry but we also need to be giving our own youngsters a chance....

Of course you're correct, we need a mix.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
dobobobo said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Gradual process which should have began with Yaya leaving last summer and Pogba coming in.

^^^This.

Easy to say with hindsight but Yaya had just scored 23 goals in a season from midfield.....he was in the top 3 players in the premier league, he has been nominated for Ballon D'or.

He is 31 not 37.

Could you have imagined Chelsea selling Lampard when he was 31, United selling Scholes? Everyone would have thought they were absolutely barking mad.

Fans views on Yaya are being tainted by what happened in the summer but at that point we had no clue what he would be like this season and as far as I can recall I don't remember anyone making an offer for him! So what would you have done, flogged him for £10m to then spend it on the equivalent of a Rodwell?

Shall we be selling Kompany at the end of the season? And Zabaleta? They are getting on too.

Fernandinho cost us more than Yaya and has been absolute shite this season so far and yet we have to go easy on him because Germany hurt his feelings in the World Cup.

Too many people are laying all the blame at Yaya's feet when plenty of others are under performing.

Great post

bainy said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
dobobobo said:

Easy to say with hindsight but Yaya had just scored 23 goals in a season from midfield.....he was in the top 3 players in the premier league, he has been nominated for Ballon D'or.

He is 31 not 37.

Could you have imagined Chelsea selling Lampard when he was 31, United selling Scholes? Everyone would have thought they were absolutely barking mad.

Fans views on Yaya are being tainted by what happened in the summer but at that point we had no clue what he would be like this season and as far as I can recall I don't remember anyone making an offer for him! So what would you have done, flogged him for £10m to then spend it on the equivalent of a Rodwell?

Shall we be selling Kompany at the end of the season? And Zabaleta? They are getting on too.

Fernandinho cost us more than Yaya and has been absolute shite this season so far and yet we have to go easy on him because Germany hurt his feelings in the World Cup.

Too many people are laying all the blame at Yaya's feet when plenty of others are under performing.

Great post

Agreed. And it's becoming rather tedious... he's been here for around four years now? And this is perhaps his first bad spell, people talked about him being abit off-key last season. Yet despite that, he not only scored that goal against Sunderland to win the CO cup, but perhaps carried us across the line towards the end of the season to win the title. The good far outweighs the bad with Toure. People have so easily forgotten his contribution. He was responsible for both goals in the FA Cup semi & final to secure our first major trophy in 35 years.

I suspect the animosity comes from what happened during the summer, which just shows how fucking moronic some of our fans are.

@BluePhil8 said:
Gradual process which should have began with Yaya leaving last summer and Pogba coming in.
We need a much better player than Pogba.

He was only the third best midfielder at his own club last season. Never mind World football.

I'd rather have Yaya. And while we still have him we can really set up a move for a proper World class CM for when Yaya leaves, not just go for a player because he's the next best tall black CM like we have to try and find a Yaya2.0 (because we don't, I don't know why people have this thing in heir heads that Yaya's replacement has to be a tall black CM).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.