Heartbreaking moments as a City fan - when your favorite player leaves

SWP - First one that came to mind, he was the ray of light in our team but the club needed the money. As a young boy that was heart-breaking.

I was absolutely buzzing when we signed him back and he had a stormer up at Sunderland. Wish he'd won the league with us.

David Silva is the other one, he deserved better than the exit during covid (not anybodies fault). Still waiting for the club to announce a testimonial for him so we can pay tribute.

Gundogan - was desperately hoping he would sign a new contract, was on holiday in Toronto when I woke to the news he'd signed for Barcelona , put me in a mood most of the day
Anelka - was inevitable he was going to go especially when the NYD programme of 2005 there was a free City calendar and Anelka wasn't on it but it gutted me when he actually left
De Jong - honestly don't know what Mancini was thinking and I really struggled to get my head round it
Lampard - yes he was only with us on loan but appreciated what a player he really was and was hoping his loan would have been extended
Flitcroft - never got this one and why we let him go when we did, yes it was a record fee at the time but giving we were in a relegation battle and the fact he didn't want to go really annoyed me, cheers for that Alan Ball in space of 6 month sold spine of team Coton, Curle, Flitcroft & Quinn

I used to like Flitcroft. First early favourite as a young Blue. City were a shambles back then so we were always going to sell him for a good fee.

Rodney marsh. I was 13/14 years old and followed my dad around the house pleading that “city would not sell him would they Dad?” Little did I know how he’d mucked up our style of play.

And when Chelsea took our best asset of Sweep I was both furious and gutted! Ian Stewart to spurs?

Seeing Peter Barnes in a United shirt was painful.

I’m going to stop now as this is making me forget how blessed we are these days!!

Kompany leaving hit me hard. Woke up from a cracking day out with my Dad bit of a hangover eating a bacon sandwich and that news broke
Vinnyvfor me in recent years. The King having to 'retire' too early late 70s.

More recently Merlin and Silky Ilkay hit me rather more than it should for a person of my years...

I am also dreading KDB going.

Mark Lillis , he realised his dream of playing for his boyhood club had a decent season as centre forward gave 100% in every game and for me did absolutely nothing wrong ,he didnt cost a fortune and doubt he was on mega money but the club was strapped for cash and he was bombed out of the club after one season.
It left me crest fallen , a player we loved and a player who loved club was discarded it was the only time i questioned my commitment to the club , this was an all time low for me.
Gary Flitcroft and SWP were another couple of examples of us being a selling club , but they went to big clubs with plenty of money and we got a few millions for them ,but Liliis left to go to Derby for f*cks sake for less than £200k , it proved how low we had sank.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.