Heaton park concerts

I did that for one of the Move Festivals at the cricket ground. Ridiculously rammed for Manchester bound trams but the Sale / Alty line hardly anyone on it. So we got on that tram and got off at Stretford one stop down and crossed back over to the Manchester bound tram
Did similar at Upton Park a couple of times.

They'll be running frequent metrolink replacement buses on the night I imagine specifically for folks at the concert. So just get on one of those and enjoy the crammed ride. It's better than slogging your way to one of Bowker Vale or Prestwich met stops tbh.

They're going to close off the roads, so unless you're willing to walk all the way to Cheetham Hill (not too far but will take 20-30 minutes) then a taxi isn't recommended.

Off to the new order concert next week but never been to heaton park for a concert. I guess tram from town is best getting there.
Any recommendations for the best way to get back after the concert ? I guess finished around 11pm . cheers
Here are some local taxi numbers in the Whitefield/Prestwich area.
Blueline - 0161 766 4444
Whiteline/Magnum - 0161 766 6666/0161 797 7777
Elton blueline- 0161 766 7777

Might be worth trying to book one and get it to wait in one of the side streets near heaton park.

Here are some local taxi numbers in the Whitefield/Prestwich area.
Blueline - 0161 766 4444
Whiteline/Magnum - 0161 766 6666/0161 797 7777
Elton blueline- 0161 766 7777

Might be worth trying to book one and get it to wait in one of the side streets near heaton park.
Be paying to have the driver to sit there a long time with the meter running.....

I’d probably walk up Victoria Avenue to Rochdale Road then try get a taxi/bus from there

Enjoy it. I cant wait to get back to concerts. Though not doing Heaton Park again. Tooooo big.

Last time I went was Oasis years ago. Big bonfire in the middle of the field, fighting, glasses being thrown everywhere, people off their faces. It was quite good but I dont even remember Oasis being there, except when they flew in their helicopter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.