Hector Bellerin

And maybe they prefer/have higher hopes for one of the other kids they have taken on tour?
Maybe but they are several stages behind in meaningful experience. If Jason was at eg Rags he would be in the mix for plenty of first team starts.

To keep in on topic Bellerin is not worth anything like 40m.

Quite a few are actually judging him on a couple of games at the euros where he was chucked into a makeshift defence, whilst deciding to ignore his earlier games for Belgium such as when he stepped in for Kompany going off injured & was preferred to the Spurs cbs in the centre & bossed the defence, or his excellent display v France when Belgium turned them over.

Then the fact he was superb for Celtic is almost being bizarrely counted against him irrespective of his superb showing at the San Siro when Van Dijk (now a Premier League cb) was sent off, & someow an impressive loan spell in Turkey is seen as a failure even though the club want to sign him.

Meanwhile our own fans make excuses for why Everton's cb can't get in a fucking shite England team or indeed in Everton's team as first choice cb, then slag off our lad for a couple of iffy games for Belgium.

I find it typical of the disrespect some of our fans have for our young players & fucking depressing tbh.

Denayer might not make it or he might be world class. We don't know. Pep doesn't know. Wenger fancies finding out & it appears will pay decent money for a kid who hasn't played 30 seconds football in England. I imagine Pep will tell him to fuck off.

But it's still depressing to read comments from City fans who will shit on one of our kids they have never even seen play in a decent City defence.

I have followed kids' football all my life & City fans were NEVER like this. They would always want to give a kid the benefit of the doubt. Then if he failed, fair enough, he had his shot.

It's a fucking horrible by product of the modrrn era & I hate it.

Can't argue with that tbh

Fact is Nev Nev he's shone in the Scottish league...you could shine there...Samaras was a god at Celtic...just for some perspective

The Turkish League is hardly pulling up trees either

If he is good enough he will be kept...Pep is not a fool...but the question really is why has he been farmed out all over the gaff if he really IS good enough...I cannot speak for professionals when judging a player but it doesn't instill me with confidence the way he has been passed from pillar to post so far

Smells to me like City don't really rate him

Not sure - clearly Pellegrini didn't, but Pep keeps saying he wants to develop young players so I think he'll give him a chance. After all, the only reason we send players on loan is for them to prove themselves. Denayer could hardly have done more against the teams he played in Scotland and Turkey. It could be he's not up to it, but he's done what was asked of him and deserves a shot at the first team. And with the market so inflated at the moment, if he can make a success of it, that could save us getting in another 50m+ player.

I don't think this is an either/or. Clearly we'd love to get Bellerin. And we should keep Denayer, at least for a season.

Talk bull about bellerin wanted by Pep and that we are in for him just so it will sit better when they take Denyer for next to nothing from us..

That's how I see it anyway..

Another homegrown..

Quite a few are actually judging him on a couple of games at the euros where he was chucked into a makeshift defence, whilst deciding to ignore his earlier games for Belgium such as when he stepped in for Kompany going off injured & was preferred to the Spurs cbs in the centre & bossed the defence, or his excellent display v France when Belgium turned them over.

Then the fact he was superb for Celtic is almost being bizarrely counted against him irrespective of his superb showing at the San Siro when Van Dijk (now a Premier League cb) was sent off, & someow an impressive loan spell in Turkey is seen as a failure even though the club want to sign him.

Meanwhile our own fans make excuses for why Everton's cb can't get in a fucking shite England team or indeed in Everton's team as first choice cb, then slag off our lad for a couple of iffy games for Belgium.

I find it typical of the disrespect some of our fans have for our young players & fucking depressing tbh.

Denayer might not make it or he might be world class. We don't know. Pep doesn't know. Wenger fancies finding out & it appears will pay decent money for a kid who hasn't played 30 seconds football in England. I imagine Pep will tell him to fuck off.

But it's still depressing to read comments from City fans who will shit on one of our kids they have never even seen play in a decent City defence.

I have followed kids' football all my life & City fans were NEVER like this. They would always want to give a kid the benefit of the doubt. Then if he failed, fair enough, he had his shot.

It's a fucking horrible by product of the modrrn era & I hate it.

Bang on the money fella just as he got shafted because mdm amd ota vanish shorts had to play kelechi didn't play anywhere enough because bloody bony cost a lot of money. This habit of inhibiting our young players for senior players on big wages is pretty annoying. If these guys decide they want to leave I wouldn't blame them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.