Hector Bellerin

I just don't get how this lad is rated at all. Any time I've seen him he's been torn to shreds by whoever lines up on him.

All he has is pace with the ball, but as a defensive fullback he's no better than Kolarov.

I just don't get how this lad is rated at all. Any time I've seen him he's been torn to shreds by whoever lines up on him.

All he has is pace with the ball, but as a defensive fullback he's no better than Kolarov.

I agree - I dont even think Wenger rates him that highly. He's all about pace but his distribution and defending are not great.

Manchester City have made an official bid for Arsenal right-back Hector Bellerín (22) in the last few days. [SPORT]

City are aware that any deal for Bellerín will be difficult and wanted to wait until the season ended before making a formal move. [SPORT]

Ha ha that made me smile - so we waited until the eve of teh Cup Final!!!

If Levy wants 40-45 million for Walker I'd rather have Bellerin

Bellerin won't be cheaper than that either, he's young, on a long contract and plays for a direct rival, plus he's also wanted by Barca, I reckon that's at least £40m right there. I'm not a huge fan of Walker but if it's the same price I'd certainly prefer him over Bellerin.

Always seemed a guy more focused on his brand than football. I'd give him the chance to win me over of course but he's never impressed me with consistent performances.

Seems to have dropped off a cliff formwise this season. I used to think he was one of the standout fullbacks in the league and would happily have taken him. Maybe he just wants out of Arsenal because he feels his career has stalled.
I'm sure he wouldn't be cheap though.

He's pretty much just a young Kyle Walker. Neither seem to have anything other than pace, both are defensive liabilities and look a little dim behind the eyes. Bellerin is at least young and may be coachable, he also has shown some technical ability as well. If it was a choice between the two I'd go Bellerin every time just because he's a lot younger, but I wouldn't want to spend big money on either. Wenger does have form for not improving young player at all once they get into the first team, so you would hope that maybe that's a part of it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.