Hillsborough verdicts reached

They'll be happy to offer up more than one individual imo. The establishment is good at closing ranks, but it's perfectly adept at cutting people off and making them available for sacrifice when it suits, in furtherance of self-preservation. The powers that be know which way the wind is now blowing and will respond accordingly.

Hope you're right mate

Prosecutions should have taken place after the Taylor Report in 1990. The truth, including the cover up, was widely known after the Jimmy McGovern film aired in 1996, 20 years ago.

If nobody is prosecuted now after a verdict of unlawful killing has finally been returned then British Justice will be seen as a total sham across the world.

I agree that the British Establishment is rotten to the core but they'd be very, very foolish to not, at the very least, offer up Duckinfield for his role in the disaster. I think they'll certainly try to limit the damage to themselves and unfortunately will probably be successful.

Duckenfield and his assistant, Bernard Murray (who has since died) were tried as a result of a private prosecution I think. Murray was found not guilty but the jury failed to reach a verdict on Duckenfield.

I heard that there have been 15 verdicts of unlawful killing handed down by coroners, mostly against the police. There have been trials in all cases but not one conviction.

Duckenfield and his assistant, Bernard Murray (who has since died) were tried as a result of a private prosecution I think. Murray was found not guilty but the jury failed to reach a verdict on Duckenfield.

I heard that there have been 15 verdicts of unlawful killing handed down by coroners, mostly against the police. There have been trials in all cases but not one conviction.

Yes the families did take out an unsuccessful private prosecution against the senior police officers on duty that day but the climate has changed. I just can't see how Duckenfield can conceivably escape justice this time round? South Yorkshire Police now have the media against them. Their treatment of Cliff Richard and the sex abuse fiasco in Rotherham could yet come back to really bite them. One law for the police, one law for the rest? The Conspiracy To Pervert the Course of Justice accusation against them is as serious as the possible Manslaughter charge that should await Duckenfield. Both political parties now appear to want to get to the bottom of this (credit to Theresa May as well as Andy Burnham) after wanting it buried in the past. Duckenfield, at the very least, has to be thrown under the bus by them.It's going to be very interesting how this pans out. Britain's reputation as a liberal democracy as oppose to some sort of quasi police state is at stake here. The genie is out of the bottle: if they attempt to put it back it will be a PR disaster and the politicians know that.

Slightly off at a tangent, but I didn't think it worthy of a separate thread;

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-36412814

What an utter fucking dickhead.

There is no accounting for the sheer immaturity and stupidity of the human species. As someone said...50 years old....incredible but sadly there are a lot like him around. I find if they haven't matured and attained some empathy and intelligence by the age of 35 they are likely to be a cretin all their life.

There is no accounting for the sheer immaturity and stupidity of the human species. As someone said...50 years old....incredible but sadly there are a lot like him around. I find if they haven't matured and attained some empathy and intelligence by the age of 35 they are likely to be a cretin all their life.
this is a daft red **** we are talking about probably

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.