Holiday season dubai

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mcfcmick, 8 Feb 2018.

1. RadcliffeRick

RadcliffeRick

Something in Oil
    Anywhere you can get jailed and deported for touching a mans hip in a nightclub needs to be treated with caution. For me Dubai has never appealed. As someone has said it is just somewhere to change planes.

2. nimrod

nimrod

I was there last year, and while I enjoyed seeing the place it didnt grab me, I wouldnt go again, I couldnt detect any soul, and everything seemed expensive.

My favourite City holiday destination is Tokyo, absolutely fascinating place. Also liked Mumbai, Singapore and HK very much.

3. Dubai Blue

Dubai Blue

Great place to live but I've never understood the fascination that tourists have with the place. So many better (and cheaper) places to go on holiday.

As others have said, don't even think about coming here outside November to April.

4. SWP's back

SWP's back

Yeah very much agree. If you live in the Gult and get paid a tax free gulf wage then the cost isn’t as alarming. But to come from the uk to spend £10 on a bottle of Stella is crazy.

I agree with the poster that said Cape Town. It’s my favourite city in the world. Beautiful and cheap with so much to do.

5. west didsblue

west didsblue

Been there to change planes. The airport is quite impressive.

6. grant1977

grant1977

Love the place. It can be as cheap or pricey as you like. Just go off the beaten track if your on a budget. One thing I would say is get very good travel insurance . I spent a while in hospital and the bill was huge. I would’ve been screwed without it as they read used to treat me until they saw the collar of cash!!!!

7. DenisLawBackHeel74

DenisLawBackHeel74

That’s a good shout, I like joberg too, lovely around Easter.

If the op has cash on the hip tho, Barbados every time for me

8. mcfcantc

mcfcantc

ive been to the Atlantis Palm twice, great hotel especially for kids, but wouldn't dream of going to Dubai unless it was minimum half board, food and drink prices are very expensive.