Holidays

I’m considering going to Thailand with the missus, but I’m not really sure the best location to stay.

I’m after more of a relaxed, chilled out holiday, with some touristy things to do. I’ve had a look at the various islands, but I’m not quite sure - Ko Samui looks decent. Anyone on here got any recommendations?

A few days in Bangkok then get the train to Hua Hin, a much more relaxed place.

Never been on a cruise but we’ve booked to go in 2025 on QM2 as we can take our dogs.I take it you recommend it as you’ve booked again any tips?

Nice mate. Yeah, we enjoyed the calmness and the constant flow of delicious food before the fast life of New York, and the people you meet on there.

I'd recommend asking to remove your gratuities at the pursers office unless you're happy to pay a daily percentage towards staff. I'm just a bit sceptical it's lining other pockets, I'll tip people myself if they deserve it haha.

I don't really wanna say too much so you can experience it yourself. Like with everything, it's what you make of it. I guarantee you'll be disorientated at first until you find your bearings.

And you'll meet people, typically Americans and Canadians who've been traveling around on it for weeks because they left New York to sail around Europe and they're on their way back home. It's also interesting listening to what people are doing after the QM2. Rich, retired people going off on an adventure or seeing relatives all over North America. We met some interesting people.

The dress code isn't strict during the day. You just need to put a shirt and trousers on in the evening and if you wanna take part in the 2 gala evenings, then it's tuxedo time. We ate in the Britannia Restaurant for both of those nights and absolutely ravaged the Kings Court buffet for the rest of the voyage. I've never eaten so much in a week. It's disgusting, but absolutely can't wait to do it again haha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.