Holmfirth Picturedrome or The Met Bury

Samsdad

Has anybody been to either of these venues for a gig ?

Just wondered peoples opinions on which one they think is the better venue ?

I've been to both and both are good.

My preference is for the Picturedome as it's just got a lot more character. It feels old fashioned and has a slightly unusual layout in that there's tiers so if you're on the floor it feels quite enclosed. Holmfirth is a really nice place as well for a few few beers. Saw the Inspiral Carpets there and it was brilliant. One thing to bear in mind if you're thinking of going over in a few weeks is that if it snows then you might have a few problems or have to do a big detour.

The Met is fine, good venue but just doesn't have the character. It's all personal preference of course though!

From Manchester the Met is accessible via the tram if you live near to the system and is a smaller venue (especially if they put the seats in).
Holmfirth a much better venue as mentioned above but you need a vehicle to get over the moors!
Accessibility- The Met
The venue - Holmfirth

Picturedrome is a better venue - it’s bigger for a start - but you need to book an overnight stay ideally. Met is good as loads of bars in Bury and easy to get home from.

Thanks for the replies ,think i might try both of them as they both seem to be alright by the sounds of it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.